So can we please get an RFA?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
ElNacho

So can we please get an RFA?

Post by ElNacho »

With all the problems with Supersearch lately, I'm sure you've got many customers on your hands that are seriously considering alternate means to run usenet searches. I for one am extremely shaky about putting one more penny into Newsleecher if I am not sure that the main reason I pay for the program will not be available half the time.

Simply put, it is completely unacceptable to publicly ignore this situation. We deserve (and pay for) the right to know what keeps going wrong and what, if anything, is being done to prevent the long term outages and incomplete search results that we have been seeing for the better part of the last month.

On a personal note, my access expires in a little over a month, and unless I don't experience a single issue between now and then and/or unless I get an acceptable RFA and plan for future prevention I will sadly be finding an alternative to your product.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 »

I have to agree with you. The lack of status updates and constant problems lately are starting to make me rethink paying for supersearch anymore.

auto

Post by auto »

I also have to agree with this.

With free usenet sites indexing & nzb creation ...covering 240 days for all posts types...it seems NL really have slipped a great deal.

Requests for new groups to be added to supersearch seem to go unaswered or at least nothing had changed over several months.

Usenet is a dynamic world.....service providers are constantly upping their game...what's happening with newsleecher/super search ? ...looks like same old same old.

As it stands it is very difficult to make a case for anyone to pay for this kind of search i.e a flaky and limited search service.

abz

Unhappy

Post by abz »

Totally annoyed a service 'I PAY FOR!!' is not working and there's no updates etc appearing here to explain why.... Pull you finger out and acknowledge the problem.

NeonKnite

Post by NeonKnite »

Yea, this Super Search is a joke.... it never finds half the stuff I search for anymore and then I go over to NewzLeech and it finds it all the time.

WTF is going on?

Canceling my monthly subscription unless I get an answer.

Edge

Post by Edge »

Here's your answer:

Indexing turn-around time : 615.3 minutes.

NeonKnite

Post by NeonKnite »

Cancelled.

wissertje

Post by wissertje »

The retention of the supersearch machine is now "General" Category Retention: 149.8 days. Ppfff... i wonder what is happen whit the supersearch? :twisted:

dlr_graph

Post by dlr_graph »

It is not possible to provide answers to problems one does not know about, which makes it impossible to fix it. Clueless as to what these problems are may cover it.

Brus

Post by Brus »

What's sad is that until December this service was still top notch.

I'm not really sure what happened but the lack of updates as to why things simple are not being found by SS/Newsleecher along with the repeated downtime are really leaving a sour taste.

I just bought the year sub for SS at the beginning of January and have been a loyal customer for 2 years now. I seriously don't understand why the authors of this app cannot simply reply to some of the problems floating around.(without linking to that BS thread about common errors that really doesn't answer non-indexing issues and downtime).

wissertje

Post by wissertje »

Thank you for he extra days on the super search. :lol:

Brus

Post by Brus »

Finally an update...

I'm excited just for the acknowledgment more then the couple free days

dlr_graph

Post by dlr_graph »

Not to be ungratefull but reacting to our discontent for poor service as oppose to acting on a problem as part of the customer service committment don't cut it.

ElNacho

Post by ElNacho »

bump.

Guys I'm begging here.

I desperately don't want to quit Newsleecher but I've made the threat several times and I don't see how there's any other way I can get my point across but to speak with my money (or lack of giving it to you).

If there's anyone at all that's reading this that wants my continued membership, all it will take is a message detailing what's going on and what you're doing to fix it.

I know $30 a year isn't a lot, but it should be enough to get one little reply on a message board. If there's a single person working for Newsleecher that cares enough to post here, that's really all it would take. Which is looking less and less like a possibility each day.

10 days and I'm gone.

AllRoCol

Post by AllRoCol »

At this point, there is no reason to pay for this service anymore.

First off, other services are far better. For example, I pay $11 a year for Newzbin.com and get indexed NZBs and can search as well. Binsearch.info gives full access to 240 days of retention. Nzbmatrix.com is around 270 days of retention on indexed nzb files, for a one time payment of $10. There are lots of other fine websites out there.

Then you say two things.

First Newsleecher is pretty nice....

Still... Newsleecher is currently my 3rd favorite program. First is Sabnzbd+ and Second is Alt.Binz (The donation version). Alt.Binz has Supersearch built in (A better, less limited setup (No 1000 files, limited results, etc...)), plus: Newzleech, Newzbin, binaries.nl, binsearch, yabse, aeton, and nzbindex. It searches them all like Supersearch (So you can add them directly into the queue). It has none of the built in limitations that Newsleecher has, plus it allows you to multisearch all the other places.

On top of that, Newsleecher hasn't been updated in a while and is way, way behind in terms of where it should be right now. Even if 4.0 comes out tomorrow, you won't see 4.1 for another 6 months to a year.

Now the big second thing. THEY ALWAYS SAY YOU AREN'T PAYING FOR THE CLIENT, YOU ARE PAYING FOR SUPERSEARCH

Sorry to shout, but I wanted you to catch that part, so I could say this. Supersearch sucks. Yes it is fast and easy to use, but think about it:

-They never have met the retention of what the current top provider is.

-It goes down all the time.

-The so called "erotica" category has never really topped 80 days.

-We have never seen a single one of the promised upgrades. In fact it actually is going backwards now.

-They don't give a true long term discount. if it was like 10 bucks a year once you buy it, then fine. I can get better service for a one time small donation to Alt.Binz.

I canceled my account with Newsleecher and will not be going back. As far as I am concerned this client is dead and Supersearch has been dead for a long time. Even if 4.0 comes out, it won't be anywhere near up to date on features it should have and Supersearch will still lag behind times. They never had the brains to sell it for less to increase the customer base and the overall profits, which would have given them the money for a better server for Supersearch.

I moved on and I suggest the rest of you do the same.