Once again..files are there but SS can't see them

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
arthurm

Once again..files are there but SS can't see them

Post by arthurm »

This is happening more and more. I find a 50 rar set of files but I didn't get headers far enough back (limited headers to 400000) so I figure SS will show me and I can get them. But SS says there is nothing to find even though I've downloaded some of the files already. It's only .8 days back.

This just doesn't seem right since I am paying for this service.

here's the search:
Sinnamon Love

bigskank2

Post by bigskank2 »

I am having the same problem, especially under erotica searches

Madsen

Post by Madsen »

Same problem here. Files are there but SS can't find them. It's going on for a couple of weeks now. When will they finally fix it?

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

Seems to me SuperSearch is about 3 to 4 days behind. When I search for a serie I know was posted over several days I find up to 3 days back but not more recent.

Fairly recent problem, about one week old I would guess?

timwr19

Post by timwr19 »

Same problem here. Noticed it in the last week. Using alternative search engines.

hugoblok

Supersearch partially down.

Post by hugoblok »

Same problem here. SS doesn't find anything younger then five days.
(Older searches are availble.) Has anybody reported this bug?

God's no problem but his fanclub... :evil:

dvine

Post by dvine »

yeah same problem here. but i think it might have something to do with the new filtering they are implementing.

but yes definitely frustrating where you have to go to a web based nzb generator.

pven

Post by pven »

I have a simular problem. When articles are not completely uploaded (ie due to a unexpected disconnect) it is possible to upload the missing articles. Unforunately SS won't pick up those articles and will still show the files as incomplete.

Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

I have the same problem .
A movie posted 90 days ago like "whtdrmsmycml" is not found but copy/paste it in binsearch and it is there in a second !

What use is SS if i still have to use binsearch ??

I understand SS ignores cross posted articles , why ??

newsman

Post by newsman »

ditto pc game from 40 days ago in binsearch in couple secs, but not is supa search for couple weeks? sup with that?

t3chw00di

Post by t3chw00di »

Same problem here. Just searched for files (scr-benb) that were posted 4 hours ago and SS shows nothing. :(

newsman

Post by newsman »

I think all that was having this problem should try again now. SS was just upgraded and it appears to be able to find the "missing" files now. The stuff I was looking for 40 days back is now found again.

I think the biggest problem is communication. Stuff happens, people make postings and there is not much repspone from management team. This is a business afterall, it is not a free service so the customers should be treated properly.

max2

Post by max2 »

newsman wrote:I think all that was having this problem should try again now. SS was just upgraded and it appears to be able to find the "missing" files now. The stuff I was looking for 40 days back is now found again.

I think the biggest problem is communication. Stuff happens, people make postings and there is not much repspone from management team. This is a business afterall, it is not a free service so the customers should be treated properly.
Exactly.

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

On the erotica side it's not just missing recent posts, it's not picking up lots of things it has always found before.

For instance, last week I'd search for part01.rar during the last day, and I'd get dozens of hits. Now I search for part01.rar for the last 50 days and I get 6 hits. It's not that it's not finding the extensions... if I search for 0.jpg it maxes at 15000 in the last 2 days.

It's hard to figure what's not working. It's a shame the powers that be won't communicate with us.

Cybersniff

Post by Cybersniff »

I have the same problem, also with files from 20 days old.

At this moment I don't think I renew my supersearch license that I had for allmost 3,5 years. It's ending next month.
Sad to say, but there are a lot of free websites they do their indexing service much better than supersearch.