SS Not Finding Anything?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
bballuk

SS Not Finding Anything?

Post by bballuk »

I dont know if supersearch is down or if it just not updating for latest stuff?

ive noticed anything post it the last day or so SS isnt finding it just brings up message.
There was no findings for the given Keyword(s).

You might want to try changing the category to something else.
Ive tried reinstalling NL and tried changing the SS port but still nothing. SS is not even timing out or trying to search by the looks of it just says theres nothing there.

So i go onto Binsearch.info and search for it and its 5 hours old on there and still not showing up on SS.

any idea do you think my firewall could be blocking it ? most people said when your firewall blocks it SS times out.

thanks for any reply or help.

Voyager2k

Post by Voyager2k »

Supersearch is working properly. Something is wrong with headers received from Giganews since approx. 8 hours. At exactly 2am GMT the date didn't turn over to May 01 as expected and instead went back to March 01. This applies to headers downloaded from Giganews as well as Supersearch results.

Who's to blame ? No idea, really. The headers themself seem to be fine and contain the correct date(s). So my guess would be that this is some odd NewsLeecher/SS bug that has to do with calculating the displayed date/age of a post. Maybe this even happens with NL and other providers but I can only confirm this behavior for the NL/Giga duo.

EDIT: It's a NewsLeecher bug similar to the one that disabled many PS3's 2 months ago. Doesn't happen with other newsreaders and Giganews.

bballuk

Post by bballuk »

Im using Astraweb so it not Giganews so i think your right about it being a NL bug.

also what that problem with disabeing ps3 ?

Necrosat

Agreed

Post by Necrosat »

I'm also having issues here, but noticed it last night (4/30).

Several TV shows I was trying to find (including a few that were posted 5 days ago) were not showing up in search at all (some examples : Medium, Ghost Whisperer, TNA Impact, Happy Land).

Voyager2k, it sounds more like you are saying that SuperSearch receives it's (headers to search) information from Giganews and due to a push on their side, the supersearch does not have proper info, is that correct (this would tie to bballuk note).

This is fairly bad though, I really hate hearing that a service I paid for is not working "due to someone else", but yet, I ran the exact same NZB search on 6 different internet search engines and all of them are working fine. - If I wanted to resort to other search engines, I would (NZB Search, NZBsRUS, NZBClub, NZBIndex, NewzLeech - I also tried 8 others that I don't normally use (random picks from Google search)).

Is anyone working on this issue or is it a 100% blame on Giganews? Based on the search engines I used above, I'm sure at least one of them must be getting some info from Giganews as well.

Voyager2k

Post by Voyager2k »

As I mentioned in my edit in my post above, it IS clearly a newsleecher bug and not related to Giganews at all. For some odd reason NewsLeecher fell for the leap year 2010 bug (that's what sent lots of ps3's to nirvana for 1 day) 2 months late so to speak.

The headers are correct, it's NewsLeechers calculation for the displayed time/date/age (NL displays local time of a post calculated from the time given in the article header) that is at fault here. Same goes for SuperSearch.

Until NL is fixed you'll find all the "missing" stuff when you look 2 months back, March 01+ to be exact. Of course, that is quite annoying and considering the general state of SS this just adds insult to injury.

bballuk

Post by bballuk »

I was searching for the same TV Shows i normaly watch and they wasnt there i did the same use loads of different nzb search sites and they all found it.

the only thing i dont understand i know now its a NL bug but your saying that anything from the past month wont show up but i looked for my TV Shows from last week and there still on SS.

Voyager2k

Post by Voyager2k »

bballuk wrote:I was searching for the same TV Shows i normaly watch and they wasnt there i did the same use loads of different nzb search sites and they all found it.

the only thing i dont understand i know now its a NL bug but your saying that anything from the past month wont show up but i looked for my TV Shows from last week and there still on SS.
You misread what I wrote ;-) I didn't say anything of that sort. What happens is simply that NL/SS sees/displays NEW posts as beeing posted 2 months before they were posted ;-) Kinda like a time machine :D All the new stuff ends up 2 months in the past ^^

It's all there, trust me. You just have to look "in diffrent places" so to speak. If you are using super search then select "Max Days 75" and the new stuff will show up as if it was 2 months old. If you are using downloaded headers worry not, it's all there too. Just go back 2 months and check March 01 for new posts ..... and voila, there are your new posts from today.

I wonder tho, will this one correct itself the same way the PS3 RTC bug did ? If so, everything should be working as expected when the clock turns midnight in a few hours.

bballuk

Post by bballuk »

Ah lol i understand now they dont show up still tho because mine all ways set to 375 days.

I do hope that they sort it out.

nl_bwlonsdale

Post by nl_bwlonsdale »

If I set mine to Max Days=370, the posts are still missing. This can't be a Newsleecher bug, the Supersearch has stopped indexing.

If you do a blind search with Max Days=1, you'll get 2890 results returned with the clock stopped 0.6 days ago.

bollah

Post by bollah »

nl_bwlonsdale wrote:If I set mine to Max Days=370, the posts are still missing. This can't be a Newsleecher bug, the Supersearch has stopped indexing.

If you do a blind search with Max Days=1, you'll get 2890 results returned with the clock stopped 0.6 days ago.
Confirmed. Screenshot below.

the doctor

This is happening in the Articles Tab downloaded headers also

Post by the doctor »

This is happening in the Articles Tab also, appears to be some sort of a date conversion problem in V4b16 (maybe other betas).
the doctor wrote:Headers in both Articles tab and SS are not being listed properly. Dates of new headers are Feb 28, 2010 or March 1, 2010 not May 1,2010.

See last few posts in b16 thread for more info.
Last edited by the doctor on Sun May 02, 2010 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

bballuk

Post by bballuk »

has anyone reported it in the Beta thread for V4b16 yet.

maybe they will do a forum release fix.

enderw

Post by enderw »

i am using v4b13 and i have the same problem. I do a search on a.b. multimedia with 1-3 days retention and it comes back with nothing

tijger37

Post by tijger37 »

I'm having the same problem overhere. :cry:
I use NL and astraweb. but nothing is coming up on the supersearch.
Hope somebody's gonna fix it soon

bralbal

Where is the NL Crew in this discussion?

Post by bralbal »

It's good to experience that the NL-Crew is actively participating in the discussion on this topic...NOT! I'm really disapointed about that!
:cry: :cry: :cry: