SS not indexing some things?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
RiPPn

Post by RiPPn »

It's not just erotic stuff that isn't being indexed, new movie releases aren't there either, just search for "[U4A]" in super search, 3 findings in a 10 day period, do they same search at an nzb indexing site and you will get over 20 listings in the last 24 hours, this is unacceptable. At this point the super search service is useless. I've been a loyal subscriber since it's been a service, but I'm not even using it to find what I'm looking for, instead using nzb indexing sites. If this isn't fixed by my renewal date next month, I wont be renewing.

The Viking

Post by The Viking »

I've a newsleecher super search account for about seven, eight years now.It ended in June 2012 and will also not renewed it anymore.It's getting useless now!

JohnNL

Post by JohnNL »

The Viking wrote:I've a newsleecher super search account for about seven, eight years now.It ended in June 2012 and will also not renewed it anymore.It's getting useless now!
I agree. It's obviously not working. What does it take to get some kind of "status update" from Spiral on what is being done, when it will be fixed etc.?

Or I guess I'll just vote with my feet at renewal time as well. Why pay for something that's not working?

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

I may as well put my 2 cents in.

There is a very prolific poster on the erotica side whose initials are R@C who apparently got caught in the spam filter, but whose posts are my favorites.
Here (link to nzbindex.nl, not safe for work): http://bit.ly/thRV8a

Please un-spam him, or whatever you do so we can see his posts.

JohnNL

Post by JohnNL »

Can we get a list of what is excluded and how the filters work that exclude some posters/topics/keywords etc from SS?

Is there any option to turn these on/off?

We need to know how well Newsleecher indexes everything so we can compare your annual cost of SS vs the competition.

Feroc

Post by Feroc »

You really need to remove robo from the spam filter, the erotic supersearch is kinda useless without him.

Yanze

Post by Yanze »

Same here, can't find the movies from orgasms.xxx in SuperSearch but I can in NzbIndex or whatever.

SS: ktr.orgasms : 2 hits
NzbIndex ktr.orgasms : 1000 hits

lordazoroth

Post by lordazoroth »

Admin comment?

aska

Agree Completely

Post by aska »

I wrote several mails regaring this to the admin - I did even not get a reply!
Why??? I mean, supersearch worked good till ~mid of 2011 but now turned into something like uselessearch. I almost stopped using it for month now and will for sure not extend my subscription until I receive at least a mail regarding this issue. I mean, I payed money for a useless feature and do not even get an answer to my email? As a paying customer???
I am really not a rude person but I hate it beeing ignored.

This is the advertisment:

"With the built-in SuperSearch feature, you can search *all* the binary usenet groups at once, for a specific keyword or keystring, in less than a second! The SuperSearch engine is state-of-the-art in it's speed and it's ability to perform true wildcard searches!"

NOT TRUE...maybe you can search *all*...but DO NOT THINK that the SS reply does MEAN ANYTHING. Its censored, censored and over-censored! I am really angry on this...

Hey, we are paying for this feature for the reason that you can effort a suitable database! We are using AV progs by our own! Find a way to handle a service you are offering or stop offering it - others could feel defrauded!

HELLO, IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE????

Yanze

Post by Yanze »

I'm also considering to not extend my subscription, why pay for something that isn't working?

justone

Post by justone »

The big benefit is that SS is integrated into Newsleecher which makes it dead easy for the step from locating to leeching.

If you want something free use binsearch or others.

What worries me most isn't the fact that the results SS presents aren't complete. I rate it likely each of the search tools only indexes a subset of the whole lot.
What's more worrying is that SS quite often presents incomplete matches, whereas others provide complete nzb files, and if using these newsleecher's able to completely leech them, telling that it wasn't an incomplete posting but and incomplete indexing by SS.

Core_F

Post by Core_F »

Why is there no feedback from an administrator? I wrote one eMail and two PMs and didn't even get a single answer. The same for this thread, the issue is there for months now, but no reply at all?
··· Logic Is The Faith Of The Future ···

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

*push*

Dear Newsleecher team, please reply

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

We're going to look into this Monday.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

aska

looking forward to it!

Post by aska »

really! 5 months of waiting...