Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
seffix

Re: if you cant navigate well

Post by seffix »

septicdeath wrote:since news searcher is down, hit http://www.binsearch.info/ , which will search for bianarys, all you gotta do is fnd um, then click the box and hit create .nzb which will import right into newsleecher. not as nice, but almost as close for free...
OT, but binsearch is an awesome site, and for free.. the only one that's keeping up with 200 days retention offered by giganews. Even when SS is good, I often pop over to binsearch for some nzbs.

wickedfeel

Post by wickedfeel »

Notice all the whiners have 1-5 posts on the board, You could just shut up or leave, they know they have to upgrade the server and are obviously in the process of doing so. I think it will be worth the wait. What is so important it can't wait a couple days, or a week more? Surely you can find more than one way to spank it.

owny

Post by owny »

Oct 12, 2007
We are very sorry about the SuperSearch service downtime earlier today. The downtime (crash) happened because our current SuperSearch server configuration has gotten too weak to handle the SuperSearch service load at peak times.
As written earlier, we expect new and more powerful servers to arrive very soon.

septicdeath

Post by septicdeath »

wickedfeel wrote:Notice all the whiners have 1-5 posts on the board, You could just shut up or leave, they know they have to upgrade the server and are obviously in the process of doing so. I think it will be worth the wait. What is so important it can't wait a couple days, or a week more? Surely you can find more than one way to spank it.
Yeah, their money spends different than yours? If this was a free service I could follow your logic, people should spend time helping grow a forum and supporting it, BUT when you pay, your NOT obligated to have to DO sTuff. This isnt free, and its not community supported, so go back to your elite IRC forum with that attitude, because the bitching is warranted on a pay service. Or do you just say screw it and walk to the pay phone when your home phone service drops too? Sure you do, you wait a weekend dont ya..

wickedfeel

Post by wickedfeel »

Then you are bitching just to bitch it's accomplishing anything, as has already been stated, they are working on the problem., its a problem, it needs fixing, unless you have some miraculous FIX.

septicdeath

just bitching at YOU.

Post by septicdeath »

Just bitching at you, If you read, I actually offered an alternative... For you to come on and bitch at paying people to not be upset (regardless of how much over reacting they are) is just absurd. Even more absurd is your statement that their opinions are invalid because of their "post" count, well that just reminds me of the super kewl 1 day ultr@ elite dude from IRC that knows it all and loves to "flame".... Go Optimus Prime... or are you gonna be the red guy from the power rangers this year...

streaky

Post by streaky »

Down again :p

tekn0king

Post by tekn0king »

Unfortunately it is down again. :roll:

How many overall users does newsleecher have? Just want to do a little math.

Arsby

Re: if you cant navigate well

Post by Arsby »

seffix wrote:
septicdeath wrote:since news searcher is down, hit http://www.binsearch.info/ , which will search for bianarys, all you gotta do is fnd um, then click the box and hit create .nzb which will import right into newsleecher. not as nice, but almost as close for free...
OT, but binsearch is an awesome site, and for free.. the only one that's keeping up with 200 days retention offered by giganews. Even when SS is good, I often pop over to binsearch for some nzbs.
This is an excellent stop-gap while we're waiting for the folks at NL to fix things. I just tried it, works flawlessly.

zoney

Very Annoying!

Post by zoney »

I agree with those that feel when you pay for a service .. then you should receive said service!

What exactly is the problem? This has happened enough that by now someone should have been able to figure out what causes this problem .. and to have corrected it. Take down the service for a couple of days .. do what is needed to fix it and then reactivate the service. I think most people could tolerate shutting down supersearch for a short time .. in order to implement a "permanent" fix.

From another Annoyed SuperSearch User (or is that non-user!)

bobby_uk

Post by bobby_uk »

wickedfeel wrote:Notice all the whiners have 1-5 posts on the board, You could just shut up or leave, they know they have to upgrade the server and are obviously in the process of doing so. I think it will be worth the wait. What is so important it can't wait a couple days, or a week more? Surely you can find more than one way to spank it.

What a prick !!!
I'm pretty certain that if they applied to my bank for the next
subsciption and there was a mess-up between them and my bank ( no fault of mine ) they'd stop the service STRAIGHT AWAY !!! They wouldn't say "let's give him a few days to get the mess sorted out !!!!!

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

As an IT guy myself I can tell you that sometimes things go wrong despite the best planning. Software glitches, version conflicts, hardware incompatibilities.

I'd strongly recommend that the admin here give us updates at least once every two hours to let us know that they're on top of it. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect communications. THAT's customer service!

Toibs

Post by Toibs »

Still broke :(

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The new servers were setup today. If you are having problems, please quit and restart NewsLeecher.

The new server addresses are 74.86.192.216 and 74.86.192.217. Make sure you have these allowed thru your firewall.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Hellster

Post by Hellster »

Just as a side note , uncheck the "Use Alt. Supersearch Port" , couldn't figure out why it wasn't working , so disabled that and it works.