Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
CrazyTexan

Post by CrazyTexan »

I am also growing increasingly aggravated by this. I understand that SS will have issues but its the lack of acknowledgment that really pisses me off. At the very least admit that there is an issue and that you are working on it.

I have used SS for years and its a great service but the lack of information is what will make me switch to another service. I can live with the down time as long as I know its getting fixed. Its like dealing with an ISP.

BrandonSi

Post by BrandonSi »

This is bordering on unprofessional.. I too have used NL for about 2 years, and the consistent up time is impressive, but this is a whole different level.. We don't expect miracles, but we do expect a response.

Is anyone home over there?

chriskeeble

Post by chriskeeble »

BrandonSi wrote:This is bordering on unprofessional.. I too have used NL for about 2 years, and the consistent up time is impressive, but this is a whole different level.. We don't expect miracles, but we do expect a response.

Is anyone home over there?
Exactly.

Please someone tell us what's going on. :cry:
Chris

cadillact

Well it doesnt work as of 9PM Pacific time

Post by cadillact »

I have to agree with the previous posters.

I dont understand why there is not any info on newsleecher.com that there is a problem with supersearch.

Well at least the "erotica" search engine is working.

Finnius

Post by Finnius »

I think the problem is that it is the weekend, and perhaps (?) there is no-one working at the moment. My concern is if nothing gets fixed all weekend...as it is very early Sunday morning here (EST)

This has happened before, and usually it is only down for a few hours, but this time it's been going on for at least 6 by my count.

BTW, just want to let you all know that you can STILL ACCESS HEADERS...yeah the history is not as good, but you can get new stuff...

eltanno

Waste of my time

Post by eltanno »

Allthough i am more than happy with the service in general this outage could not have happened at a worse time. I just installed vista 64, the service worked fine of vista 32 bit before install 1 hour later it wont work on 64.

My reasonable assumption being that my reinstall has caused some error, hours of piddleing about i finaly read this thread. I guess i only have myself to blame.

I would however like to echo the sentiment above that an update from you guys would be nice, this service is after all paid for and of its natrure used almost constantly by its subscribers.

Finnius

Re: Waste of my time

Post by Finnius »

AHA ! It's YOUR fault that everyones superseach is broken. I'll just bet if you reinstall x86 on your system...supersearch will work for us all :lol:

eltanno wrote:Allthough i am more than happy with the service in general this outage could not have happened at a worse time. I just installed vista 64, the service worked fine of vista 32 bit before install 1 hour later it wont work on 64.

rhawk301

Alternatives to SuperSearch?

Post by rhawk301 »

There are some? Well, everyone should know of http://alt.binaries.nl/

It works in a pinch...

Freelance

Still down: 140AM EST

Post by Freelance »

Time Zone: EST
General Category Search: Not working
Erotica Category Search: Working

Error message received: Unable to receive a reply from the SS service OR ...

Known length of time down: approx. 4 hours

plvick

Re: Alternatives to SuperSearch?

Post by plvick »

rhawk301 wrote:There are some? Well, everyone should know of http://alt.binaries.nl/

It works in a pinch...
I concur. Any others?

nickflick

Post by nickflick »

I agree... this is a paid service and the least anyone can do over at NL is to give their customers some feedback on the status of the service. Has anyone been successful contacting them? Is there even an admin to this forum that reads the posts?

divingjohan

Re: Still down: 140AM EST

Post by divingjohan »

Freelance wrote:Time Zone: EST
General Category Search: Not working
Erotica Category Search: Working

Error message received: Unable to receive a reply from the SS service OR ...

Known length of time down: approx. 4 hours

Same problem here,

Always in the weekend, grrrrrrrrrrr

nickflick

Post by nickflick »

I think NL is not investing in resources to support the high traffic load for the weekends... They have a monthly cash flow from all these members... I doubt it would cost too much for them to handle this load...

Keyword: budgeting!

spinneman2007

Post by spinneman2007 »

The SuperSearch is not Super anymore, it doesn't work.

The problems with the SuperSearch started on 31 januar 2009.

I hope it is fixed soon.

NoBugsOnMe

Post by NoBugsOnMe »

Yet another confirmation that SS is down. I am in the east coast (GMT -5) and it has been down since the evening of January 31, 2009. It is now 3AM on February 01...