Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The General category SuperSearch server is currently down. Spiril is looking into the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

SuperCrisz

SuperSearch down

Post by SuperCrisz »

Has the SuperSearch service go down for maintenance? since 15 minutes I have problem with the SS service

neillm

supersearch??

Post by neillm »

I have been unable to access supersearch for, at least, the past week. Each attempt results in an error stating "Unable to receive a reply from the superserch service. I am using 4.0 b7 and my subscription is good until Sept 2009.

I have tried to access the service through SSL and normal means. The results are the same.

Atarian

Re: supersearch??

Post by Atarian »

neillm wrote:I have been unable to access supersearch for, at least, the past week. Each attempt results in an error stating "Unable to receive a reply from the superserch service. I am using 4.0 b7 and my subscription is good until Sept 2009.

I have tried to access the service through SSL and normal means. The results are the same.
I posted the same problem in another topic last week. No solution or recognition of an issue in SS by the developer(s) yet :(

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

something on your system or network is blocking connections to the servers.

Please see the following web forum thread regarding common problems with Super Search not working. viewtopic.php?t=5975
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Atarian

Post by Atarian »

Smudge,

thanks for your reply and hinting to the thread. After reading Avast! is interfering with Newsleecher, I remembered switching from AVG to Avast! recently :oops: After disabling On-Access protection and trying SS it worked immediately :P So, Avast! will be uninstalled quickly!!! :twisted:

Thanks!

Rosetta

Post by Rosetta »

Hello Guys,

Supersearch seems to be down again !

21:18:23 SuperSearching... hang on ...
21:18:23 * Category : other
21:18:23 * Search For : "x264-dimension maxDays:100".
21:18:24 * SS Connect Info : "Connection refused".
21:18:47 SuperSearching... hang on ...
21:18:47 * Category : other
21:18:47 * Search For : "blablabla maxDays:100".
21:18:48 * SS Connect Info : "Connection refused".

Should you help ?

Best regards,

hilly

Post by hilly »

Atarian wrote:Smudge,

thanks for your reply and hinting to the thread. After reading Avast! is interfering with Newsleecher, I remembered switching from AVG to Avast! recently :oops: After disabling On-Access protection and trying SS it worked immediately :P So, Avast! will be uninstalled quickly!!! :twisted:

Thanks!
yes thanks from me as well. I switched to Avast yesterday and spent all morning trying to find out why my Super Searches were not working. Disabled Avast and immediatelly all was OK.

Was concerned my 1 year license had run out early as it says valid until 16th August. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Is there any work around or do I have to get rid of Avast please?

Also will I get a reminder on my license renewal to my email addy??

Thanks

hilly

Post by hilly »

hilly wrote:
Atarian wrote:Smudge,

Thanks!
yes thanks from me as well. I switched to Avast yesterday and spent all morning trying to find out why my Super Searches were not working. Disabled Avast and immediatelly all was OK.

Was concerned my 1 year license had run out early as it says valid until 16th August. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Is there any work around or do I have to get rid of Avast please?

Also will I get a reminder on my license renewal to my email addy??

Thanks
OK have answered my own question by searching. Nice site you have here and thanks.
avast! - NNTP scanning must be disabled (goto On-access Scanner : Internet Mail : Customize : NNTP and uncheck "Scan inbound and outbound news checkboxes")

Arsby

SS Erotica down?

Post by Arsby »

Anyone else having problems getting onto the "heart" side?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Yup. Got the message that it is unavailable. Either Spiril is working on it or it has crashed.

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

... or both.

Thanks for being on top of it.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Still seems to be having issues... oddly had one request get through, but otherwise refused.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Hmm, STILL down... what's the deal?

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Something blow up tonight? Retention is shown at 2.4 days on the status page. Perhaps a news item would be warranted...