Bug when closing Newsleecher 3.8 beta 9

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
henkfrijters

Bug when closing Newsleecher 3.8 beta 9

Post by henkfrijters »

When closing Newsleecher 3.8 beta 9 (either close newsleecher or shutdown system) when queue is empty Newsleecher gives error-message "could not close, disk is probably full or write protected, the queue could not be saved"). The disk is not full and the queue is empty

As I use to have my system running at night and want automatic shutdown this means that my system awaits my OK on the error-message (in the morning)

dogfood

Post by dogfood »

Same here :cry:

thenormal

Re: Bug when closing Newsleecher 3.8 beta 9

Post by thenormal »

henkfrijters wrote:When closing Newsleecher 3.8 beta 9 (either close newsleecher or shutdown system) when queue is empty Newsleecher gives error-message "could not close, disk is probably full or write protected, the queue could not be saved"). The disk is not full and the queue is empty

As I use to have my system running at night and want automatic shutdown this means that my system awaits my OK on the error-message (in the morning)
Same problem here, on both desktop pc and notebook.

Chrisleecher

Post by Chrisleecher »

I can confirm this too.

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

Please upgrade to the final version and let us know if you still get this error message.

techfuzz

Ironside

Post by Ironside »

I haven't since upgrading the the final version.

But will certainly keep an eye on it :-)

thenormal

Post by thenormal »

the problem persists with 3.9 beta 1.

here's a screenshot:

Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

This is exactly the same problem I have (posted one viewtopic.php?t=12719).
But to me it doesn't happen when i close NL, it happens "by it self".

Michael Dracon

Post by Michael Dracon »

techfuzz wrote:Please upgrade to the final version and let us know if you still get this error message.

techfuzz
I just got this error in 3.8 final. Same as the screenshot posted. 2.72 GB free with while auto-pause is set to 100 MB.

I also have a few paused files left in the queue, but this was never a problem in earlier versions (it's been several months since I last used it, so I don't know in which version it worked correctly).

Michael Dracon

Post by Michael Dracon »

Just got it again and this time I saw it all happen myself.

I think it's related to downloading large files and Newsleecher closing down too fast. It seems like it doesn't get enough time to build the file from the parts before shutting down.

PS: That would mean that people with very fast hard disks should have this problem less often. So keep that in mind when testing this. I've got an older laptop, so my hard disk isn't that fast.

Bartman

Post by Bartman »

OK, after months of this happening to me I thought I would bring the thread back to life......is there going to be a fix?.

Every time I set NL to shutdown the computer after the que is finished it hangs with the message, very annoying, and very annoyed that there has not been a fix for several releases. :x

Many thanks.

Bartman

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

I'll add it to the beta bugs list and hopefully Spiril can knock it out.

techfuzz