'Pause on paaworded Rar' not working

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
Alien8472

'Pause on paaworded Rar' not working

Post by Alien8472 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 am

Hello,

I have just upgraded from V4.0 to V5.0 to make use of the 'Pause on passworded rar' funcionality.

Unfortunately despite the fact i have been through settings half a dozen times, NL is still downloading passworded rars ;/

Can anyone help?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed May 15, 2013 6:42 am

This feature only works on password protected rar archives that are inside rar archives. Perhaps the archive files you are downloading are password protected at the top layer.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am

I've *just* released an alpha with support for passworded RAR ( not RAR-in-RAR ) files :
viewtopic.php?t=24850

I think that will work for you.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Rubens58

Post by Rubens58 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Spiril wrote:I've *just* released an alpha with support for passworded RAR ( not RAR-in-RAR ) files :
viewtopic.php?t=24850
Link broked...

I'm using Newsleecher 6.0 beta 1 and it doesn't stop at a passworded RAR.
My internet provider has download quotas, and Newsleecher screw me downloading GIGAS of passworded crap and even do not warn me... :cry:

Rubens58

Post by Rubens58 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:46 pm

Rubens58 wrote:I'm using Newsleecher 6.0 beta 1 and it doesn't stop at a passworded RAR.
My internet provider has download quotas, and Newsleecher screw me downloading GIGAS of passworded crap and even do not warn me... :cry:
No one can comment?... This is the normal behavior for Newsleecher 6.0 beta 1, not identify a passworded RAR? (the program doesn't recognize for sure multi-RAR using "partNN.rar" scheme...)