Bug with keyboard navigation of SuperSearch results.

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
Sunfox

Bug with keyboard navigation of SuperSearch results.

Post by Sunfox »

Quite often I use keyboard cursor navigation to browse through SuperSearch results - up/down arrows to scroll through grouped results, right arrow to expand, and left to collapse.

Here's what I've noticed:

Once I've selected a result using UP/DOWN and have then expanded it using RIGHT arrow (to check what articles/files are inside), if I press LEFT arrow TWICE to collapse that result (first time resets the selected line to the top of the result's contents, second time actually collapses the result), for the next result I select I'll have to hit RIGHT randomly between 1 and 6 times to get it to actually expand that result.

To make it clearer:

1) Browse through SS results using UP/DOWN keys.
2) Select a grouped result and press RIGHT to expand it.
3) Scroll DOWN to maybe the halfway point
4) Press LEFT - the cursor will reset to the first article in that result.
5) Press LEFT - the result will collapse.
6) Use UP/DOWN to select a new result.
7) Press RIGHT to expand the group. This will take between 1 and 6 hits of the key to actually occur.

Note that if I do not first collapse a result's contents and simply move on to the next one, this bug does not occur. To clarify: if you remove steps #4 and #5 from the list above, step #7 works correctly.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

One additional tidbit: this bug does NOT occur when navigating the nearly identical Articles screen. Just SS.