Losing Download Cache

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
Tigggger

Losing Download Cache

Post by Tigggger »

It appears that the program only saves the downloaded files cache on exit, so if the program does crash then articles that you have downloaded are not marked as so.

Could you get it to save this info at the same time as it saves the queue, ie once a minute.

Guyver

Post by Guyver »

Same problem here. Program crashes and downloaded cache and header cache are gone on program crash. That is very very annoying. In fact. I get my settting from when I previously shut down NLb15. Als the file queue is empty and I have the previous file queue again. Those files are already downloaded. Last time I got the error it said Out of Memory while I still had plenty of memory left. The program crashes without giving me the opportunity to send back info to Spiril and start hogging the cpu to 100% so I have to forcibly end NL.

fguillam

Losing Download cache

Post by fguillam »

Same problem here. Downloaded cache and header cache are gone on ISP disconnect.

Tigggger

Post by Tigggger »

*bump*

Problem persists in b19.

Every article I've downloaded in the last week is marked as unread, which is a real pain given the number of times NL crashes.

Tigggger

Post by Tigggger »

*bump again*

Please can you fix this, still occuring in b23

elite

Post by elite »

i thoght it was fixed with the option to save queue/cache periodically?

I might be wrong though!!!

Tigggger

Post by Tigggger »

No it wasn't fixed, and is still occuring in b24 *sigh*

Tigggger

Post by Tigggger »

And here we are at beta 29 and still not sorted.

Coda A27

Post by Coda A27 »

Does the author intend to put this (oh so important) feature in at all? I think of it as extremely important.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Same here, b28.
It is even worse for me, if I quit NL and restart the prgram then it starts a file that was already partially downloaded from the beginning.
I could let NL run but sometimes it crashes or my pc becomes unstable and so it means starting over again with the parts that were running.
VERY ANNOYING!!!!!

Fine program for the rest :)) I like the server search function, that's what makes me use it sometimes instead of newsbin.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Oookay, done! The next rel of NL will auto save the download Id list every minute (if auto-backup is selected from the options dialog)

Tigggger

Post by Tigggger »

Thank you thank you thank you :o

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

Cool.
Now, Tigggger, if we could only get that tiger to stop drinkin' so much coffee! :wink:

--
Lips