Quality

SuperLeech is SuperSearch add-on service, used for automatic searching and downloading.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Su8Z3r0

Quality

Post by Su8Z3r0 »

Is It possible to set the Quality of the download?

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

as above - also some ways of skipping dodgy sets (e.g ones without the 1st rar file - these are usually not uploaded and created by the par files).

also, after downloading the 1st rar, if it's passworded to check a txt file of codes to try?

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

tommo123 wrote:as above - also some ways of skipping dodgy sets (e.g ones without the 1st rar file - these are usually not uploaded and created by the par files).
Pls PM me with the names of such sets. Then I'll look into implementing ways to have NL skip them.
tommo123 wrote:also, after downloading the 1st rar, if it's passworded to check a txt file of codes to try?
That's on the to-do list. It will probably be available for the first official beta of NewsLeecher V6.0.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Quality

Post by Spiril »

Su8Z3r0 wrote:Is It possible to set the Quality of the download?
If you'd like to restrict video quality to, say, 720p just add that keyword to the search query, so the query looks something like some video poscast 720p. If you would like to leech either 720p or 1080p, just set the search query to some video poscast 720p or 1080p

Or do you mean something else than video quality ?
Last edited by Spiril on Fri May 03, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

it would be nice to have

SD TV
HD TV 720p/1080p
1080i
720p/1080p WEB-DL
720p/1080p Bluray

so it will automatically grab the highest quality release if there are more than one available at the time of the search.

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

spiril - PM sent

Su8Z3r0

Post by Su8Z3r0 »

Spiril- That is the answer I was looking for,thank you.

Voyager2k

Post by Voyager2k »

I'd very much like to see the ability to select video quality based on quality priorities and replacement/upgrade settings.

I.e. show abc.def gets posted and ideally you want the 720p version you'd select 720p. If that's not available within a configurable amount of time after "some" other quality has been posted fall back to downloading the best one that is available (SD version for example). In addition I'd like a "quality" upgrade option that replaces an already downloaded file if one with better video quality (i.e. itunes rip or bluray etc.) becomes available.

For example, our search for abcd.efg.S##E## finds only the SD version so it will not download until, say, a week has passed. At that time it should then fallback to the best available version. It should then continue to monitor for (configurable) higher quality posts and if say 1080p itunes becomes available download that and replace the already downloaded file. If bluray rips become available get those and replace the itunes file.

etc.

This would be a major timesaver with the right options to configure priority lists and upgrade priorities.

However, as I said, at this point in time it is very questionable if such features still make sense considering that you need nzb's for most downloads these days (and that means joining private communities similar to private torrent trackers).

It would probably make much more sense to implement a highly configurable rss client because that will soon be the only way to get anything from usenet.

Although, I'd imagine that using an rss feed or ss headers won't make much of a diffrence for the searches themself if coded with both "feeds" in mind. So you could just as well do both and offer an additional "feed source" option to each search.