Filter fields are black and unusable

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Sabrina

Filter fields are black and unusable

Post by Sabrina » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:35 am

Hello,

The issue i am having i believe is not caused by Newsleecher but something is affecting it and i have not been able to come up with something by searching here in the forum or Google, so i thought i would post here and see if you guys had any ideas. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. :(

This started happening a few weeks ago, and it isn't stopping Newsleecher from working just makes one of the features unusable.

The Article Subjects Filter, Filename Filter as well as all the pull down menus in the Super Search page are black and i am unable to type in them or click on the pull down menus of the previously entered searches.

Anyone have any ideas what might be affecting these fields?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

(I am using Newsleecher version 4.0 B7 with Windows XP SP3)

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:05 am

It is probably picking up the color scheme you have set in Windows and the black is being applied where NewsLeecher is hardcoded to make black text.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:30 am

If that were the case i think i would still be able to use the pull down menus even if i couldn't read them?

Does Newsleecher use or get affected by any background program like Net framework or Virtual Machine, something like that, that could be affecting the pull down menus?

Thanks for your help.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:26 am

Oh, you can't use them at all. Sorry, I can't think of any programs that conflict with NewsLeecher like that. Some theming utilities cause GUI issues like the color problem I mentioned but nothing as severe as you have described.

If you can do some testing and figure out what software is conflicting, please post back.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:09 pm

I have just discovered that i can not change the destination of the repair and extract either. All the buttons and fields in there are unusable.

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:42 pm

I have now tried uninstalling and removing all files to see if it was a setting conflict or corrupt data. Unfortunately this has not helped at all. And i am still getting all problems noted above, most annoying being unable to change the destination directory in the RnE.

Someone have an idea what might be causing these problems, as i do not believe it is Newsleecher.