Need your help to squash the wqewq bug

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Smudge
Site Admin

Need your help to squash the wqewq bug

Post by Smudge »

If you have a corruption with your download queue and NewsLeecher gives you a bug dialog like this,

Bug Data1: wqewq:: 0 :: 0 :: 66
Bug Data2: Argument out of range

Please help us to track it down as we are unable to reproduce the issue.

When this happens, quit NewsLeecher and send us your download queue folder. To do this, you will first need to locate the files. They are saved in the %APPDATA%\NewsLeecher directory.

2000/XP C:\Documents and Settings\[current user]\Application Data\NewsLeecher
Vista/Win7 C:\Users\[current user]\Application Data\NewsLeecher or C:\Users\[current user]\Application Data\Roaming\NewsLeecher

Note: The Application Data directory is hidden by default. To get to this hidden directory, from the Start menu, select Run then in the Open box, type %APPDATA% and press OK. This will open an explorer window into the Application Data directory.

From here you should be able to locate the NewsLeecher\cacheV4\ directory. Right click on the 'download queue' directory, select Send to>Compressed (Zipped) Folder. This will create a 'download queue.zip' file.

Please email this zip file to support@newsleecher.com with the subject of "Bug wqewq".
We also will need some details of your usenet service providers. Please include in the body of the email the order they are shown in the Manager page and if they are a primary server or a backup "fill" server.

Thanks for your help.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Bags

Post by Bags »

Do you really need the NL* files, or the queue items ..?
I say this as many users will not want to ... erm ... 'divulge their 'interesting' queued items! lol

Would an exported .nzb file suffice?

Chrs

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Sorry but the problem is with the NewsLeecher configuration files so an NZB won't work.
We don't care what you are downloading and won't be examining the queued items. We are needing to see the structure of the config files to try to figure out what is happening to them. Besides, we all know what the internet is for. ;)
Last edited by Smudge on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Bags

Post by Bags »

Quite : )

Hopefully, that will encourage sufferers!
Not seen it myself in 7 years of using NL.

Quaraxkad

Re: Need your help to squash the wqewq bug

Post by Quaraxkad »

I had this bug in 6.5 and just now tested in 7.0b3 and still can't download much of my queue. Do you still need to see more of these queues that cause the problem? It doesn't look like anyone ever responded here about having sent theirs, and the changelogs make no mention of having found and fixed the cause...

Side-note, As a workaround to clear the queue DB and re-import my queued files I tried exporting to NZB but the resulting XML is missing entires. Many files have no <segment> nodes, probably because the NZB exporter code has the same problem as the download queue code does reading from the database. I have over 2.5TB in my queue and would hate to have to clear the whole thing and SuperSearch every one of these posts one at a time...

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Need your help to squash the wqewq bug

Post by Spiril »

Hi Quaraxkad,

Pls check your PM.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.