Log of previous downloads?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Mclane

Log of previous downloads?

Post by Mclane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:17 pm

A friend fried his partition and lost around a months worth of downloads with Newsleecher, is there a log that can be read to show what he grabbed and from where. I presume there must be as some form of logging as I've seen stuff I've downloaded in the past still highlighted in yellow.

Is there a way to look at the file and see what the stuff was so he can get it back..

Many thanks..

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:15 am

Sorry but the internal database that is tracking the downloads is not user readable. Also it is only tracking the article IDs of the files, not the names or groups of the files themselves so even if you could read the database, it wouldn't be of any use.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:45 pm

As long as he hasnt done a full format of the partition running something like Recuva may at least display the NTFS metadata/filenames of the articles that have been trashed.
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

Mclane

Post by Mclane » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks for the answers folks, I'm not sure what he did to be exact but he managed to lose 3 partitions in one go. I gave him Getdata back and he only got a tiny bit of what he lost back.

Thanks for the info re the logging, it was my only hope of getting stuff back for him easily. Shame about it but it was a hope only..

Cheers folks..

Edit: Just reread Destroyers post, that's a damn good idea re seeing the names of the trashed stuff..

I'll pass that on thanks..