search results are merging DIFFERENT posts

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

elgwahpo

search results are merging DIFFERENT posts

Post by elgwahpo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 pm

I've been fighting with the extraction manager trying to figure out which issues are extraction manager bugs and which are not.
I think I'm giving up on it though because one of the problems is that the search results are incorrectly grouping 2 different posted file sets as though they were the same.

I used an nntp client that works really well especially compared to NL and downloaded a all the headers for a couple of groups.
Then searched for the same terms in the local post storage and in NL AND in newsbin's nntp search.
In the local and newsbin results I see 2 separate file sets. (from different poster's but have the same filename/subject)
So those are doing the correct thing.
But NL is is merging the 2 file sets. And it is presenting some messed up set of files as the whole which includes probably a random choice of par2 files.

Smudge
Site Admin

Re: search results are merging DIFFERENT posts

Post by Smudge » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Please submit a Support Request Ticket with the details of the posts that are being combined. This will give the developer an example to work with so that this issue won't happen in the future.

Thanks
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.