RAR file missing when downloading headers

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

fecket

RAR file missing when downloading headers

Post by fecket » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:33 pm

On downloading headers the base rar file is missing, but not in all newsgroups. Say there were 20 files such as binbag.r01, binbag.r02 etc, all file headers are there apart from binbag.rar

I can go into one of the search engines, and use binbag as a search item, and the collection will show all headers including .rar

This never used to happen, but quite common now? Is there a setting I need to tweak to stop missing the .rar header?

TVM

Jed

Re: RAR file missing when downloading headers

Post by Jed » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:12 am

If the first file is .r01 you probably don't need the .rar file. If the first file is .r00 then you probably do need it.

fecket

Post by fecket » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:16 am

You always need it, WinRAR always shows missing file, and won't extract. It never used to happen, I'm using an older version of Newsleecher as I'm not keen on the tweaks on the later versions.

fecket

Post by fecket » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:28 pm

Newsleecher is still doing this, I also tried the trial of the newer version and it is the same, just not downloading the header of the file with the extension .rar You can use a search engine to view the usenet collection and the fikle shows up in there. It is also not down to giganews as the same issue is present. Just ignoring the header for the rar file. Anyone got any suggestions for a different newsreader, as it defeats the object having to go back into the web to track down one missing file out of maybe 100, for every multi rar post. This never used to happen, so whether it is a specific setting that needs a tweak, or a Windows 8.1 issue, who knows. Nobody else seems to be having this problem

fecket

Post by fecket » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:56 pm

For info, I just downloaded an older version of Newsleecher using the 15 day trial option, and the rar files appear along with all of the others, r01, r02, r03 etc. I can't believe I am the only one with this issue?

fecket

Post by fecket » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 pm

Ignore previous posts. Homer Simpson issue. DOHHHHHHH!