"Waiting for repair and extract" (NL V7B7)

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

martyzzz

"Waiting for repair and extract" (NL V7B7)

Post by martyzzz »

Hi all,

Im running NL V7b7 and i cant get my head around why NL is idling the downloads while repair and extract is verifying.
Why can't the download just continue while repair and extract is doing its job, my computer is powerfull enough.
It must be a setting so NL doesnt download to much files but i dont mind even if it does because im on 300Mbit fiber.
The time NL idles is way longer than when i download a few to many par files.
What setting should i look at ?

Cheers.

Marty

Quaraxkad

Re: "Waiting for repair and extract" (NL V7B7)

Post by Quaraxkad »

Advanced Tweaks.

[Main Instruction]
Download Pause While Repair & Extract

[Content]
When toggled, this option will pause the download queue, while the NewsLeecher "Repair & Extract" feature is busy with either repairing or extracting a fileset.

On slower systems, this might come in handy to keep NewsLeecher running smoothly while the resource heavy repair / extract task is performed.

[TRUE] [FALSE]

martyzzz

Post by martyzzz »

Thnx bro for the tip.

imho they should toggle this off (false) by default because i think many people have fast systems anyway thse days.

Rgds,
Marty

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

martyzzz wrote:imho they should toggle this off (false) by default because i think many people have fast systems anyway thse days.
You're probably right that the majority of users computers are fast enough, but NL is terribly inefficient in writing downloads to disk and cripples even the fastest mechanical HDD. That's why that option is necessary.

martyzzz

Post by martyzzz »

Ah ok i see.

I never had problems like that, I have My SSD's as C (windows) and D (games) drives and E and F as 2x 2Tb storrage.
NL puts downloads on E and extracts to F.
Setup like this always worked for me.

Cheers