Beta 15 back to beta Problems

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Alloneword

Beta 15 back to beta Problems

Post by Alloneword »

I have been running v7 beta 11 since it came out just updated to beta 15 and had the sales bar at the top and i don't like it so went back to beta 11 and it's still there, how can i go back to beta 11 with no sales blurb, there has to be a way, i don't want to have to search through the reg to hunt NL files down or go back on an image, it would have been nice to have been given a warnig or something before i installed it.

All1

myidisnot

Re: Beta 15 back to beta Problems

Post by myidisnot »

I believe its called pay for an ad free version

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

Nope go back to old Beta 11 with a few mods and it works fine but thanks for the advice m8.

All1

myidisnot

Post by myidisnot »

guessing its a reg line. you could do clean all NL from your computer and then reinstall an actually old version and go from there. if you re-gotten that beta 11 from NL website it might been updated for ads. its a trade off. no more needing to cough cough crack version so your beta or final doesn't run out after a year. I can live with this FREE version with ADs.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

I presuem it's more the a reg line, i have searched for any and all reference to "newsleecher" and removed everything, but i'm not that worried i have been able to rework it so i can get Beta 10 working without the banner, i did notice that they have changed all the old version of NL to include the new banner as well but that is not an issue as i have a buddy who keeps old copies of this app and several others but just waiting for him to come back to me with the last few version then i can update to the latest before the advert was thrown in, IMO it would better if they offered a way to remove the banner for a yearly fee, i'd pay it that's for sure.

All1

myidisnot

Post by myidisnot »

you see that "hide this bar" you got to pay. im sure someone meet make a remove ad/water etc. I did notice you cant pull the top above your monitor anymore to hide it.

like I said free vs pay. no more special crack file to get around the 14 trial day crap. I can live with this.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

I have always paid for it when i have used it, but never got an email or anything saying this would happen, i personally object to it nicking my monitor space and would be happy to pay something to get rid of it but i see no option to do this i'll email them and see what they say, nothing to lose.

All1