Can connect to server with Newsbin, but not NewsLeecher.

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Stabwound

Can connect to server with Newsbin, but not NewsLeecher.

Post by Stabwound »

My ISP gives a free Giganews account.

It has worked fine for a while, but now when I try to connect with NewsLeecher, it just says "Connecting" for a while, then turns red and says "Unable to Authenticate". I immediately try with Outlook Express or Newsbin and it connects instantly and all that.

Anyone have any idea?

Bigrabbit

Re: Can connect to server with Newsbin, but not NewsLeecher.

Post by Bigrabbit »

Stabwound wrote:My ISP gives a free Giganews account.

It has worked fine for a while, but now when I try to connect with NewsLeecher, it just says "Connecting" for a while, then turns red and says "Unable to Authenticate". I immediately try with Outlook Express or Newsbin and it connects instantly and all that.

Anyone have any idea?
had the same problem, just reconfigured my firewall settings to "allow all" for NL.
Very strange indeed... :? :? :?

Bigrabbit

Re: Can connect to server with Newsbin, but not NewsLeecher.

Post by Bigrabbit »

Stabwound wrote:My ISP gives a free Giganews account.

Anyone have any idea?
had the same problem, just reconfigured my firewall settings to "allow all" for NL.
Very strange indeed... :? :? :?