Extreme large alt.binaries.misc.nc2 file

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

sandokan

Extreme large alt.binaries.misc.nc2 file

Post by sandokan »

The size of the file alt.binaries.misc.nc2 in my C:\Program Files\NewsLeecher\data\cacheV3\groups folder is almost 640.000 kB!!
The largest groups. a.b.boneless and a.b.nl are not that big, just 167.000 and 140.000 kB.
I don't understand why this file is so big in comparison with the other files.
I use Newleecher 2.1 final now, but when I used 2.0 final, there was no such problem.
Has anyone the same problem or can I solve the problem within newsleecher itself? :? :?

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

How old are you keeping the headers ?

If it is small in comparison to boneless then if you deleted it, it would probably fix it. Obviously you will lose all your headers for that group

sandokan

Post by sandokan »

Where can I find that info? If it is on the option menu then it says the headers for 7 days old and my cache garbage cleaning is on > 30%[/img]

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

sounds like something got corrupt in that file. It shouldn't be that big for only 7 days of headers. try deleting it and download the headers again. You might want to change the First Group Update (Options>Download>Headers) to something small since you have already seen the recent headers, no need to get them again.

sandokan

Post by sandokan »

Smudge,
The value of my first group update stands on no limit. Which value do you advise me?

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek »

Doesn't really matter, any value will do. It really depends on how far back you want the headers to go.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

I leave mine on no limit and keep headers in sync with the retention

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

Smudge wrote:You might want to change the First Group Update (Options>Download>Headers) to something small since you have already seen the recent headers, no need to get them again.
sandokan wrote:Smudge,
The value of my first group update stands on no limit. Which value do you advise me?
dwazegek wrote:Doesn't really matter, any value will do. It really depends on how far back you want the headers to go.
Me1432 wrote:I leave mine on no limit and keep headers in sync with the retention
You know, a little more quoting would be of help in the forum.

--
Lips