Different server for each download in the queue

If you got suggestions for new features or feature changes in NewsLeecher, go ahead and let santa know.

Different server select option for each download(s) in the queue, do you want that?

Yes, I would like that, great you thought about it!
100%
No, why? I only have one server created in the manager!
No votes

Total votes: 1

robo71

Different server for each download in the queue

Post by robo71 »

Hi,

Most of my downloads succeed just fine through my ordinary usenet provider, but some do not work for one reason or another.
For this purpose I have a block (100GB account) at a more expensive usenet provider.

I would like to be able to go into my queue, richtclick a download and select what server (created in the manager tab) will be downloading that particle article in the queue.

Or, as an even more sophisticated option, if server 1 fails to download the article, then try server 2, etc..

This would be a great way to make sure my 100GB block is not unnecessarily used for stuff that would work on my 'ordinary' server.

Quaraxkad

Re: Different server for each download in the queue

Post by Quaraxkad »

Your suggestion for a more sophisticated option is already a part of NewsLeecher and has been for quite some time. Look more carefully at the settings where you have added your individual servers.