Cannot select a filter by keyboard properly

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.

Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
thany

Cannot select a filter by keyboard properly

Post by thany » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:13 pm

In the group browser, try selecting a filter by hitting Tab (to go the the filter dropdown) and then Alt+Down to pop up the list of previously used filters. Now use the arrow keys to select one. So far so good.

Now try to press Enter or Esc or Tab to back out. Enter should actually select a filter (not just moving around the list using the arrow keys - it's nonstandard behaviour and it makes it slow). The Esc key should revert a selected filter to what it was before the list opened. Tab should blur the dropdown box and focus whatever is next in the tab order. But none of these keys do anything as long as the list is shown!

This is all standard Windows behaviour. So first of all, I wonder why this was deliberately altered. Secondly, please have this fixed.

I found this problem in NL 7.0 beta 10, and I haven't seen a mention about this in the changelogs, so trying a newer beta doesn't seem useful and I should assume the problem still exists.
Running Newsleecher 7.0 on Windows 10 x64, because 4.0 stopped working

thany

Re: Cannot select a filter by keyboard properly

Post by thany » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:02 am

Not fixed yet.
Running Newsleecher 7.0 on Windows 10 x64, because 4.0 stopped working

hopperyelena

Post by hopperyelena » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 am

thany wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:13 pm
In the group browser, try selecting a filter by hitting Tab (to go the the filter dropdown) and then Alt+Down to pop up the list of previously used filters. Now use the arrow keys to select one. So far so good.

Now try to press Enter or Esc or Tab to back out. Enter should actually select a filter (not just moving around the list using the arrow keys - it's nonstandard behaviour and it makes it slow). The Esc key should revert a selected filter to what it was before the list opened. Tab should blur the dropdown box and focus whatever is next in the tab order. But none of these keys do anything as long as the list is shown!

This is all standard Windows behaviour. So first of all, I wonder why this was deliberately altered. Secondly, please have this fixed.PenMyPaper

I found this problem in NL 7.0 beta 10, and I haven't seen a mention about this in the changelogs, so trying a newer beta doesn't seem useful and I should assume the problem still exists.
Thanks for this Information... :) :)
I am waiting for farther information... :D :D

mettsmithforum

Post by mettsmithforum » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:19 am

In the header row select a cell that has the filter drop down icon. Next, hold and press the Alt key and then press the arrow key on the keyboard to open the filter menu. Also, there are certain changes in Windows 7 and 8.

samson

Post by samson » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:30 pm

mettsmithforum wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:19 am
In the header row select a cell that has the filter drop down icon. Next, hold and press the Alt key and then press the arrow key on the keyboard to open the filter menu. Also, there are certain changes in Windows 7 and 8.
Is this current information :?:
Be positive :D