Page 3 of 4

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:07 pm
by JMark
I went back to B1 as well... looking forward to the next release.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:37 am
by jenjay
[quote="DibblerI do wish that Spiral would post his intentions of what he wishes to remove or change before they were implemented.

Just please put back the advanced filter options where they belong, on the article bar.[/quote]

That is the bottom line for me - why go changing stuff without asking the members if they want these 'improvements' ... grrrr! I think it is time to uninstall B2 and revert to B1 - maybe B3 will be better and the advnaced filter will return .... please ... please?

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:27 pm
by Spiril
jenjay wrote:That is the bottom line for me - why go changing stuff without asking the members if they want these 'improvements'
Sometimes I makes changes if I think they'll benefit the app in the long run (make it less bloated, more streamlined, etc). But regarding the filter boxes I've probably made a mistake. I'll look into they'll return before the final.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:18 pm
by Arrogance
I thank the program author for acknowledging this thread and responding to the comments made within. Though I'm sure all that needed to be said by both the author and the end-users that needed to be, I'd still like to make a few comments about the removal of the Advanced Filters:

Super Search is fine if you know exactly what you want in all of the Usenet, but for browsing a specific group that may have hundreds of thousands of entries over a hundred days' worth of posts, being able to quickly define a smaller field of information to take in at once is practically a necessity. Updating from 3.8 Final to 3.9 beta 2, with the new Quick Search-based filtering, severely impeded my ability to browse groups efficiently.

Please bring the advanced filters option back with the next release.

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:18 pm
by Andre
Spiril wrote:Sometimes I makes changes if I think they'll benefit the app in the long run (make it less bloated, more streamlined, etc). But regarding the filter boxes I've probably made a mistake. I'll look into they'll return before the final.
Thanks, I too had just popped in here to ask what had happened to this feature (after spending the best part of an hour trying to work out which option I'd set wrong, etc!)

Removing features is never a good idea - remember the whole drop-down newsgroup list fiasco? - and especially removing an easy-to-use GUI feature to replacing it with a much more confusing commandline...

Andre

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:52 am
by jenjay
Spiril wrote:Sometimes I makes changes if I think they'll benefit the app in the long run (make it less bloated, more streamlined, etc). But regarding the filter boxes I've probably made a mistake. I'll look into they'll return before the final.
Thanks Spiril, glad to see that the advanced filter boxes will return. I guess you thought it was a good idea at the time! :) Also good to see that you take on board our comments

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:19 pm
by scumbag
Thanks, Spiril. Add me to the list of those who want those features back.

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:02 am
by jenjay
Arrogance wrote: Super Search is fine if you know exactly what you want in all of the Usenet, but for browsing a specific group that may have hundreds of thousands of entries over a hundred days' worth of posts, being able to quickly define a smaller field of information to take in at once is practically a necessity. Updating from 3.8 Final to 3.9 beta 2, with the new Quick Search-based filtering, severely impeded my ability to browse groups efficiently.
I totally agree with you, a very valid point!

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:32 pm
by JMark
Spiril wrote:I'll look into they'll return before the final.
Thanks!

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:41 pm
by platinuma
Well at least the poster filter is back in B3, but i hope you don't forget about the Subject Filter as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:38 am
by Red Dwarf
Well, the main filter box is used to filter on the subject. Maybe I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain further?

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:09 am
by platinuma

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:57 am
by scumbag
Has this feature been returned to the 3.9 final version?
I'll stick with 3.8 if it hasn't. :(

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:47 am
by scumbag
scumbag wrote:Has this feature been returned to the 3.9 final version?
I'll stick with 3.8 if it hasn't. :(
-bump-

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:05 am
by scumbag
Bump... anyone know?