Beta 8: Scheduler doesnt work anymore

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Faith

Beta 8: Scheduler doesnt work anymore

Post by Faith »

Hey,

With the new pause feauture the sheduler wont work. After 1 hour and 14 min newsleecher starts downloading articles even if newsleecher isnt allowed to download it at that time.

Greetz

Fluclo

Post by Fluclo »

I'm also experiencing a similar bug.

Seems that when I set it up, the counter is counting down 1 hour 15 minutes 00 seconds (01:15:00) to start downloading, then when that timer is up, it starts downloading even when the scheduled times are not due for another 20 hours.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Confirmed and added to the known bug list
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

kroot

Post by kroot »

ETA when this will be fixed?
Its pretty big issue for me, since my ISP gives me limited traffic between 18 and 24. I upgraded few days ago and i no longer could leave Newsleecher to download files while i'm away - due to this bug i'm already out of 30GB for this month :(

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

This will be fixed for the next beta release.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Fluclo

Post by Fluclo »

kroot wrote:ETA when this will be fixed?
Its pretty big issue for me, since my ISP gives me limited traffic between 18 and 24. I upgraded few days ago and i no longer could leave Newsleecher to download files while i'm away - due to this bug i'm already out of 30GB for this month :(
I feel your pain, my ISP gives me unlimited in the night, but capped during the day. What I did was go back to Beta 7. They can be found at http://www.newsleecher.com/old/ - I just downloaded nl_setup_39007.exe, overwrote the existing stuff (kept my download lists etc), and am back to Beta 7 until the next beta release comes out.

Can't test anything else at this time whilst I've done that, but it's a small price to pay for continuity.

kroot

Post by kroot »

SanderDolphin wrote:
kroot wrote:ETA when this will be fixed?
I feel your pain, my ISP gives me unlimited in the night, but capped during the day. What I did was go back to Beta 7. They can be found at http://www.newsleecher.com/old/ - I just downloaded nl_setup_39007.exe, overwrote the existing stuff (kept my download lists etc), and am back to Beta 7 until the next beta release comes out.

Can't test anything else at this time whilst I've done that, but it's a small price to pay for continuity.
I cant go to beta7 - it has couple bugs that also affected me.
Probably i will go to beta6, but i like few improvements in beta7/8 that i would like to use. Tough choice :)

Slade

Post by Slade »

I just use the Pause: Next x Hours option. Click on the down arrow next to the Pause button and pick one.

This way I can still force NL to download during my off peak time without having to revert back to an older version.

elite

Post by elite »

Slade wrote:I just use the Pause: Next x Hours option. Click on the down arrow next to the Pause button and pick one.

This way I can still force NL to download during my off peak time without having to revert back to an older version.
As in you set a time that will defintley be in offpeak time? as in if it now 5am and you want it to start at 9 you set it to pause for 5hrs - is that it?