NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 6 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
joebloe123

Post by joebloe123 »

Thanks!

code2k

BGEXP_1234

Post by code2k »

i have this message regularly.
the program keeps running and i have been reporting it thru the application popup for over the last betas.

Bug Data1:
BGEXP_1234

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 005A1D95 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 0000000D

update : is there any debug?logging available i could activate that could help you in fixing this problem ?
Last edited by code2k on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wissertje

Post by wissertje »

The current beta is now 3 months old. When will there be a new one? :?

ptr727

Post by ptr727 »

Just installed 5b6 fresh.
Added NZB auto import.
Downlaod started, and then ATQBegin error.
Impossible to report error becasue dialog keeps popping up over and over and over.
Have to kill NL.
Restart, same thing again.

P.

ptr727

Post by ptr727 »

ptr727 wrote:Just installed 5b6 fresh.
Added NZB auto import.
Downlaod started, and then ATQBegin error.
Impossible to report error becasue dialog keeps popping up over and over and over.
Have to kill NL.
Restart, same thing again.

P.
I found the NTFS security in the auto import directory did not allow NL to move the NZB files. Once I fixed the security, and cliucked 100's of error dialogs, the ATQBegin error went away.

Still, no app should crash because of file permission problems.

P.

ptr727

Post by ptr727 »

R&R is not working, it keeps verifying over and over and over, none of the 60+ items ever complete.

I have to disable R&R, manually run QuickPar, and manually extract using WinRAR.

Please fix R&R.

P.

the doctor

Post by the doctor »

ptr727 wrote:R&R is not working, it keeps verifying over and over and over, none of the 60+ items ever complete.

I have to disable R&R, manually run QuickPar, and manually extract using WinRAR. Please fix R&R.
P.
Have you turned off R&R and deleted the stuck R&R items?

If one item gets stuck, R&R will not continue with the rest. The only solution is to delete the stuck item.

You may have to shut down or even "End Task" to close NL then delete or move the files related to the stuck item. Then restart NL, the previously stuck item will show as missing and can then be deleted from the R&R list.

I have this problem with about 1 out of every 100 R&R items.

the doctor

Not showing proper post or part sizes

Post by the doctor »

V5b6

In the Articles Tab: The proper post and part sizes are not being displayed (In both pictures the post is complete).

This is in the SS Tab - proper(?) sizes:

Arsby

Re: Not showing proper post or part sizes

Post by Arsby »

the doctor wrote:V5b6

In the Articles Tab: The proper post and part sizes are not being displayed...
Also V5b6

Not just you, doctor. I've been seeing the same thing.

It really screws up the "time left", I sometimes see ridiculous time left numbers like 1165:33:15, when you know it will be done in 10 minutes.

Eric10301

Re: Not showing proper post or part sizes

Post by Eric10301 »

berliner6 wrote:
the doctor wrote:V5b6

In the Articles Tab: The proper post and part sizes are not being displayed...
Also V5b6

Not just you, doctor. I've been seeing the same thing.

It really screws up the "time left", I sometimes see ridiculous time left numbers like 1165:33:15, when you know it will be done in 10 minutes.
Same thing has been happening to me for weeks.

Fluclo

(Not Responding)

Post by Fluclo »

I can't do anything with my newsleecher, it loads up the interface, but has nothing in any of the boxes, yet one click of the program puts the word (Not Responding) into the program header bar, and stops working altogether.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it seems to have left a lot of stuff on the computer when uninstalling/reinstalling, and hence is in no-mans-land in with regards to doing anything useful.

the doctor

Re: (Not Responding)

Post by the doctor »

Fluclo wrote:I can't do anything with my newsleecher, it loads up the interface, but has nothing in any of the boxes, yet one click of the program puts the word (Not Responding) into the program header bar, and stops working altogether.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it seems to have left a lot of stuff on the computer when uninstalling/reinstalling, and hence is in no-mans-land in with regards to doing anything useful.
Pressing the F12 during startup allows you to choose data files used on startup or...

Recommend finding the NL data folder and change the name (keeps the folder to restore later) to force NL to re-make all the data folders and files. You will have to setup NL again, but this may be the only way to fix the problem. If this works and you don't care if about the old setup data then delete the original (renamed) data folder and you are done.

See this to find data folder: viewtopic.php?t=6766

However if you want to save as much of the old setup data as you can, you can rename the new folder (delete later if this part works) and restore the original folder name then, one-at-a-time, rename each "data" file to force replace the one that is corrupt (delete the new file and rename the original file back to the original name after testing). Test NL after each rename, when it starts working you know you have found the bad data file, this will save all of your original data and setup except for the one that is causing the problem.
Last edited by the doctor on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluclo

Re: (Not Responding)

Post by Fluclo »

the doctor wrote:Recommend finding the NL data folder and change the name (keeps the folder to restore later) to force NL to re-make all the data folders and files. You will have to setup NL again, but this may be the only way to fix the problem. If this works and you don't care if about the old setup data then delete the original (renamed) data folder and you are done.
Thx, that has now fixed the issue (although lost everything, as this is beta, expected nothing to be safe and secure!)

However, it's now concerning that the program allowed to become critically impaired with an external fix needed to "resolve" the issue. May I suggest better handling of problems in the program.

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

I consistently get "Thread Exception #8177" when attempting to add posters to the block list. The error pops before the Ignore Posters dialog comes up (with just an OK button), and isn't caught by the bug-reporting system. After that point, the program doesn't respond, and you have to kill it via TaskMan.