NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 10 (RC1) Thread

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
kublai

NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 10 (RC1) Thread

Post by kublai »

Can you have the import .nzb.zip files fixed now that we are in the RC stage?

Thanks.

kublai

Failed CRC files

Post by kublai »

Another problem that still exist are failed CRC files is still showing lowercase instead of uppercase.

Voyager2k

Post by Voyager2k »

THANK YOU for moving the "update" button back to where it should be. That'll add up to quite some mouse travel distance saved and lessens confusion :)

That beeing said, would you mind changing the color of the PAUSE button back to orange when the transfer is indeed paused ? It amazes me how usefull this little color detail is but since it's gone I keep forgetting to unpause transfers simply because there is no eye catching indicator anymore.

On to more serious stuff ......

I may be alone in this or maybe I am not. But from my understanding in it's current state the new extraction destination manager is, while beeing a neat idea to get rid of external tools, useless because it forces the user to choose between the old way of doing it and the new manager.

The new manager should kick in only IF there is no manual destination given and if the manager does not have any rules for a job then it should fall back to previous behavior and extract in the download folder instead of it's own default.

The way it is now causes a lot, and I mean A LOT, of additional "work" when in fact it surely was meant to reduce the amount of manual work. Right now you benefit with lot's of rule based downloads (I am almost certain you're working on some kind of supersearch rss kind of thing. regular searches with automatic downloads) like tv shows for example. However, if you have those and also have lot's of downloads which do not fit neatly into "categories" ..... well, then you'll be jealous of those who only download tv nzb's and can benefit from the new manager while you have to stick to the old ways.

As an alternative, you could remove the old way completely and instead provide a few more default options or even rule based defaults (does that even make sense ? lol).

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Guys,

I don't want to get into the more long-haired code, or start larger code changes, for the V5 series now, so I've put your suggestions on the todo list for the V6 series.

They'll be some of the first things looked at, when V6 development is started, within the next few days.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

TvK

Post by TvK »

I've lost the show/hide button for the virtual group list in the articles tab. :shock:
It was showing at the moment i updates from beta 9 to beta 10, now i can't close it anymore.....

Rashomon

NL V5b10 SS clears window when using Ctrl-T Leech to explorer

Post by Rashomon »

When in SuperSearch I tried using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-T to download to active builtin explorer window. It clears the SS window of results and does not Queue. If selected from right click menu >leech more>leech explorer, it functions properly.
There is always more than one viewpoint in a multidimensional world

justone

Post by justone »

All I wonder with b10 is that the groupslist is turned back into a.b.c.d.e
while actual commonly used displays would allow the complete groupnames in doublebold 12pt extra wide.
My santa wishlist entry therefore is to add the (perhaps) 99th adv. nerdy tweak where one cold set up NL to be used with shortened or full groupnames.

On the other hand ... the most stunning thing I realised recently. Newsleecher looks pretty similar to the 2005 version when I started using it on a regular basis. ... Congratulations for keeping it that similar as it was. It's a major argument to not switch to something else, since it was and is next to what I wanted and still want.

poohbeer

Post by poohbeer »

Spiril wrote:
poohbeer wrote:And still missing the option to set that extract to subfolder setting seperate for RnE matches vs non-matches as explained in the beta7 topic:
viewtopic.php?p=106249#106249

Please implement this.
Got it on the to do list. It'll be available either in 5.0 or a 5.x release.
Can't imagin this can be that hard to implement.. just need to copy it over right?
Please try and get it in before final!

mrg9999

Re: NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 10 (RC1) Thread

Post by mrg9999 »

kublai wrote:Can you have the import .nzb.zip files fixed now that we are in the RC stage?

Thanks.
I don't mean to be rude, but if unzipping a file is beyond you, then you are unlikely to make much progress.

I have a script thus (pcode)
if exist \\nzbdirectory\*.zip then extract *.zip
delete *.zip
call newsleecher

I think it's been widely reported since may that the fail to unzip is a bug, and is on the tracker to be fixed.
Mr.G

kublai

Re: NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 10 (RC1) Thread

Post by kublai »

Why do extra work when it can be done for you automatically? If you had 100 files you are downloading that means you have to unzip 100 times and delete all 100 zip files afterwards. This feature was in previous versions so why take it out? I know how the feature works, thank you very much. If you are trying to get extra posts it's not the way to do it.

mrg9999 wrote:
kublai wrote:Can you have the import .nzb.zip files fixed now that we are in the RC stage?

Thanks.
I don't mean to be rude, but if unzipping a file is beyond you, then you are unlikely to make much progress.

I have a script thus (pcode)
if exist \\nzbdirectory\*.zip then extract *.zip
delete *.zip
call newsleecher

I think it's been widely reported since may that the fail to unzip is a bug, and is on the tracker to be fixed.

Voyager2k

Post by Voyager2k »

@spiril

That "todo" list is the same list the "new" supersearch spam filter you promised almost exactly 1 year ago is on, yes ?

The same "todo" list the broken exclude filters in searches are on since like forever ?

Oh dear ......

Yes, I'm beeing a pain in the ... again and yes, I'm looking for a (good ? maybe ? please ?) reason to pay you for another year of *cough* "service".

See, I am not trying to be negative here. In fact ... I've been paying for NL ever since that became an option pretty much. But everyone here will agree that supersearch is a disaster in progress and while NL is still the best and most comfy client around, you do not listen very well to customer demands/suggestions and you tend to forget your own promises way too easily. Not to mention your ability to destroy customer confidence with your frequent "disappearing acts" ......

Apologies for going off topic here but that "todo list" remark just hit a nerve somehow .... heard that way too often before and there are way too many open issues that need fixing and what do we get ? x-mas themes ....

happy holidays

carloX

Post by carloX »

change download folder doesn't work here (nl5beta10).
in the queue-tab, right mouseclick on 'Change DL. Folder' has no effect....

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

carloX wrote:change download folder doesn't work here (nl5beta10).
in the queue-tab, right mouseclick on 'Change DL. Folder' has no effect....
HELP!
1) Leech more / Leech specify. No matter which folder I specify, it puts it in the default folder.
2) Like carloX says, in the queue I try to change DL folder and it won't change!
This is a deal breaker here, guys. I can't live with this. I work with several drives, and a few are near capacity, including the one with my default folder. It's a delicate balancing act. Changing the default folder each time is not an option.
HELP!

tweakaholic

Group Subscriptions pane on Articles Tab

Post by tweakaholic »

Is there a way to prevent the Group Subscriptions pane from popping out everytime my cursor gets near the left edge of the screen?

I'd be happy to just click the Show/Hide Groups button on the toolbar or use the keyboard shortcut H.

It really gets annoying popping out when trying to click 'plus' to expand collections of articles.

Thanks

robena

Post by robena »

One click on the Cleanup Queue button should only clear downloaded and paused items, but instead it clears everything.

That's a bug that appeared in Release 5, it would be great to see it fixed before the final V5 release.

Thanks.
Robert