NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 12

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
gamerscloset

Post by gamerscloset »

Mclane wrote: As for the Advanced search, well its annoyingly now hidden behind a double key press of F3 (sorry, short cut key overload, too much hold this and that to do a what was a mouse click)
SWEET! The one thing I really wanted was to set the minimum size of the file. The Advanced Search window not only allows me to do this but it shows what to add to the search string so I can add it to the bookmarks. Thanks for pointing this out!

CrazyDude

Some articles (files) just stall in the queue

Post by CrazyDude »

I've been having this for some time now. I'll go to download something, and the same files, every time, will stall near their end (like 90%) and switch their status to "Queued". I see them in the Newsleecher temp folder (they're locked and deleted when exiting) and I have enough PAR files to repair the archive IF Newsleecher would just close out the files and save them. It's very irritating to ALMOST get what you download, but then show you're missing like 40 little blocks.

I looked through all the options, even the "Nerdy" ones and couldn't find anything that "saved" the files even if they got stalled.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm using the latest v5 beta 12.

When I look at the log, it says:
7:41:23 PM ....Bot #10 .... Line #1 .....
7:41:23 PM ¤ Article part (#49) not downloaded. Article "Name of file here" from server "news.giganews.com".
7:41:23 PM ¤ Server response: "430 no such article". Part Msg ID: "5UCvl.113721$mK2.38889@fe03.news.easynews.com". Part Format: "Unknown".

Ok, so it says "Unknown" format. How about about forcing a format if it's unknown due to file corruption or whatever.

Rashomon

Re: Some articles (files) just stall in the queue

Post by Rashomon »

I ran into something similar a couple years ago and you might try what I did:
CrazyDude wrote:I've been having this for some time now. I'll go to download something, and the same files, every time, will stall near their end (like 90%) and switch their status to "Queued". I see them in the Newsleecher temp folder (they're locked and deleted when exiting) and I have enough PAR files to repair the archive IF Newsleecher would just close out the files and save them. It's very irritating to ALMOST get what you download, but then show you're missing like 40 little blocks.
I have not had the problem since (for years) but I used this workaround at the time. Here is the thread: viewtopic.php?t=20213&highlight=
:D I would like to say that Newsleecher has come a long way since then. I started using RnE a couple weeks ago and it REALLY WORKS GREAT now!!
There is always more than one viewpoint in a multidimensional world

the doctor

Header text improper

Post by the doctor »

NL is showing wrong header text in SuperSearch & Articles Tab:

Actual text of header:

Re: "REMOVED" - thanks 205/206 and 208/209 are duplicates

NewsLeecher displaying:

Re: "REMOVED" - thanks and are duplicates

the doctor

Sequence Numbers

Post by the doctor »

NewsLeecher does not group headers with sequence numbers such as:

REMOVED103.avi.015 (Brit Series) 01 of 39, 14625

to

REMOVED103.avi.015 (Brit Series) 39 of 39, 14625

gfdesignlv

Post by gfdesignlv »

I can't seem to figure out how to remove a folder bookmark, curiously. I changed drives so now that bookmark goes to an error that states "Unable to change to linked folder! The linked folder does not seem to exist." but unlike in the past betas, I cannot create a new bookmark with the same name to overwrite its location. When I try, it says it already exists.

Right-clicking it does not do anything, and I'm at a loss as to how to remove a bookmarked folder link (even one that does point to a valid folder, honestly).

What's the new method to do so in Beta 12?

Scuttle

Post by Scuttle »

I get a bunch of these after queuing a number of files
Bug Data1:

Bug Data2:
save filepos < 1

Bug Data1:
idjfaoij4

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0086459F in module 'newsLeecher.exe'.
Read of address F7430015
Error - ATQBegin - already contains entries - Please report to Author. (42)
Bug Data1:
idjfaoij4

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0086459C in module 'newsLeecher.exe'.
Read of address 29706A48

silverfox

Error every time Newsleecher starts from shortcut

Post by silverfox »

Windows 7 64-bit.

Newsleecher is set to start minimized to tray. If it's started from a shortcut the following error is displayed every time:

Bug Data1: lkjdlasd
Bug Data2: Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window

cc_rider

Post by cc_rider »

lSi wrote:Please bring back the old Supersearch Tabs !!

one click on Refresh -> selected Tabs research
double click on Refresh -> all Tabs research
one Click on "+" - new search Tab

I really miss this ... and its much more Userfriendly.

... go back to beta 10 (last one with Tabs)
I agree. I like the look and feel of beta 7/10 better. The tabs in supersearch very much resembled the tabs in the three major web browsers,, firefox, ie and chrome.

The double-click to refresh all the tab searches is a great tool. Can I presume that that a right-click on the bookmarks tab(in beta 12) 'count new' does the same thing?

I would also like to see each search tab 'remember' its respective 'search result filter'.

Cherio

gfdesignlv

Post by gfdesignlv »

gfdesignlv wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to remove a folder bookmark, curiously. I changed drives so now that bookmark goes to an error that states "Unable to change to linked folder! The linked folder does not seem to exist." but unlike in the past betas, I cannot create a new bookmark with the same name to overwrite its location. When I try, it says it already exists.

Right-clicking it does not do anything, and I'm at a loss as to how to remove a bookmarked folder link (even one that does point to a valid folder, honestly).

What's the new method to do so in Beta 12?
In case anyone else runs into this, I found that the folder links are stored as files in the %appdata%\Newsleecher folder. I searched for the name of the link in that folder, located it, deleted the folder (with Newsleecher closed, of course) and then re-launched Newsleecher, and it was gone. Yay! (A half-hearted boo to the Devs for not popping up to assist though, as this should have been a no-brainer for them.) :roll: Just saying. ;)

wissertje

Post by wissertje »

When can we expect a new version?

Larc

Post by Larc »

Why the limit of 30 in the number of dropdown items retained in SS? That's not enough for me. Please go back to 99 as it was in earlier versions.
Larc

code2k

Post by code2k »

Bug Data1:
BGEXP_1234

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0058C935 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 0000000D

i wonder why some folks are still reporting bugs while there is as good as zero feedback .

doppler

Post by doppler »

Deleted by me
Last edited by doppler on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SylvainP72

Feature to add

Post by SylvainP72 »

Hello,

I just tried the beta 12, it's nice but I need one little option before to subscribe.
When I download from a SuperSearch, the files are not stored in a subfolder named with the search name (like the option for the nzb import).

To solve temporarily this issue, I have to export to a nzb file and import it just after. :-/

Thanks.
.: SylvainP72 :.