6.5 Beta - Out of Memory Error

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Jaroh

I have the same problem..

Post by Jaroh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:23 pm

I was running the latest final version (5.0?) and upgraded to 6.5 Beta, and I suddenly got this out of memory problem.

I had to remove my server connection, export some of my download queue to .nzb before Newsleecher acted near to stable. I still get the same error bug, it's either beacuase I have many files in download, or it's the Repair and Extract feature that causes this memory bug. At least, that's my feeling.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Jaroh

Re: I have the same problem..

Post by Jaroh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Jaroh wrote:I was running the latest final version (5.0?) and upgraded to 6.5 Beta, and I suddenly got this out of memory problem.

I had to remove my server connection, export some of my download queue to .nzb before Newsleecher acted near to stable. I still get the same error bug, it's either beacuase I have many files in download, or it's the Repair and Extract feature that causes this memory bug. At least, that's my feeling.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Oops I googled for this problem, didn't realize I would necro an old thread. But my problem is still valid.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Have split the topic for you ;)
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

allright

Post by allright » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Same problem here in 6.5 beta 6. Task manager show NL only using about 350 mb memory? Over 8 gb still available on the system.

ArKay

Post by ArKay » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Am I the only one encountering stability issues with Windows 8.1 as soon as I hit "Get New Headers" for all groups? Windows gets very sluggish and barely reacts to anything anymore so I have to hit the power button to initiate a shutdown. NewsLeecher then is the only program who has to be forced to shut down.

I dunno, I have my newsgroup folders on an external harddisk drive. Somehoe it doesn't appear to spin up for the new headers. Only ever happens with NewsLeecher and I've been experiencing this for the last couple of weeks. Normal downloads are no problem, but getting those new headers in the 25-30 groups I have subscribed to nearly always causes problems.

After a reboot it's all working so I only have that problem whenever I have been running NL for a couple of hours or days (I seldom ever exit it).

twistuba

Post by twistuba » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:03 am

same problem with w7 since 6.5beta ..
hope this will be fixed in next beta ...