7.0 Beta 7 - Pause status not preserved when re-started

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
jharris1993

7.0 Beta 7 - Pause status not preserved when re-started

Post by jharris1993 »

Issue:
If NewsLeecher is quit with paused items in the transfer queue, the "paused" status of these items is not preserved when NewsLeecher is started again.

Proposed Severity: 3 - important, but not critical.
Proposed Priority: 3 - Fix before final release, but not a "show-stopper" bug.
Scale is 1-5, 1 is the highest severity/priority, and 5 is the lowest.

Active Version: 7.0 beta 7

Active Subscription Level: Client Plus

System:
Win7 Home Premium 64 bit, fully updated as of this instant date.
System is a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980, with an Intel Core Duo, T9400 (with virtualization enabled), 8Gb RAM, 2T hard drive, running on a hard-wired Ethernet network.

Steps To Reproduce
1. Place a number of items in the transfer queue, and have them actively downloading.
2. Select "Pause" to pause all the items in the queue. Verify that all have paused and that the transfer rate drops to zero.
3. Close NewsLeecher.
4. Restart NewsLeecher.

Expected Result: (based on the behavior of the release 4.n version I was previously using)
1. NewsLeecher successfully restarts.
2. All items in queue that were there when shut down, are still there.
3. The paused / queued / downloading status of the items in the queue is preserved such that it is the same as when NewsLeecher was shut down.
(i.e. Any articles that were queued remain in the "queued" status, articles that were actively downloading continue to actively download, and articles that were paused, remain paused.)

Actual Results:
Discrepancy found at Item #3:
The paused status is not preserved. Once NewsLeecher is re-started all articles return to the queued/downloading state regardless of their status when NewsLeecher was exited.

Thanks!

Jim (JR)
Some see things as they are, and ask "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why Not".

Robert F. Kennedy

“Impossible” is only found in the dictionary of a fool.
Old Chinese Proverb

kublai

Re: 7.0 Beta 7 - Pause status not preserved when re-started

Post by kublai »

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem as I have been trying to explain this to the mod.