Newsleecher V8 Beta Release - Timeline

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
MadButch

Re: Newsleecher V8 Beta Release - Timeline

Post by MadButch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:09 pm

Sonarr/Radarr + NZBHydra/NZB Indexer + NZBGet > Newsleecher + 1 000 000 000

Don't really need newsleecher anymore at all, as you need nzb indexers to find pretty much anything nowadays...

jericko

Post by jericko » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:50 am

I am very disappointed I renewed for another year last month. With the new posting convention of leaving off extensions, the app has become unusable. I was one of the 1st people to purchase the program when NZB was introduced. Never pirated, always payed and in the end I feel like I was screwed. Even-though I use Sab/Sonarr/Radarr, I still used Newsleecher daily. I recenely switched back to Newsbin Pro and they have already put out a update for the new posting convention. Thanks a lot Newsleecher. You will never get another penny out of me.

buggerlugz

Post by buggerlugz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 am

I think what was once a brilliant piece of software has now become defunct. Probably those behind the program are well aware of this fact too. Now that header obfuscation techniques are getting so complex and (Newsleecher is incapable of handling this) NZBget or Sab are now the go-to ways of getting newsgroup binaries.

Its an option of download something and end up with a bunch of useless misnamed jumbled files with no extensions, spend ages trying to sort it out manually using quickpar and failing, or use NZBget or Sab and it just works.

Bobnoxe

Post by Bobnoxe » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Its an option of download something and end up with a bunch of useless misnamed jumbled files with no extensions, spend ages trying to sort it out manually using quickpar and failing,

I used both SAB and Newsleecher, I find SAB almost useless for anything too big , like 50gb Linux Distros. It just can't handle it and i went back to NL 7. Day to day pushes of episodes works perfectly. I tired using SAB exclusively and it just didn't cut it.

For the most part, and it's not perfect, NL handles those misnamed jumbled files pretty well and if it doesn't, and I have found any errors in the file, it can't seem to handle the rename) , I run quickpar in the same folder, it fixes the filenames properly .

Its really a matter of updating the Par/Unrar checking routine to handle it better.

tvr4ever

Post by tvr4ever » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Perhaps Scuba or someone else from the NL team can clarify if there is indeed a timeline for version 8, and more important, WHEN is version 8 coming with full speed SSL support.

Markk786

Post by Markk786 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Last edited by Markk786 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:01 am

I think it's like it's old program from years ago... always new versions, and then they disappear..
Seems like this is all happening over again..
Won't be surprised that under a different name and program, a new program is around from the same maker..

Macback

Post by Macback » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:35 pm

tvr4ever wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm
Perhaps Scuba or someone else from the NL team can clarify if there is indeed a timeline for version 8, and more important, WHEN is version 8 coming with full speed SSL support.
There will be no Newsleecher 8 - they just fooling us and taking our money as long as possible.

Unfortunally we all have to change. V7 is outdated, slow, has lot's of problems - with no more updates it's not a penny worth.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 pm

tvr4ever wrote:
Yes i can see again that people begin discussing that all we do is cheat and just collecting money. I am sure the real newsleecher users know that NO that is not how we are.
Spiril has done some new changes to the alpha version many users have tried several month here. This version is going alpha testing and then the Beta will be released.
Scuba - NewsLeecher Support Team
The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm

:) When????
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

tvr4ever

Post by tvr4ever » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Scuba it's not my intention to imply that you or the NL team are cheating or just collecting money, if that is your perception, sorry my post was not written with that in mind.

My goal is to get information about an upcoming release.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 pm

tvr4ever wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:56 pm
Scuba it's not my intention to imply that you or the NL team are cheating or just collecting money, if that is your perception, sorry my post was not written with that in mind.

My goal is to get information about an upcoming release.
I know - don't worry.

tt4079

Post by tt4079 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 pm

scuba wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 pm
tvr4ever wrote:
Yes i can see again that people begin discussing that all we do is cheat and just collecting money. I am sure the real newsleecher users know that NO that is not how we are.
Spiril has done some new changes to the alpha version many users have tried several month here. This version is going alpha testing and then the Beta will be released.
Sorry Scuba but actions speak louder than words. A lack of information, updates and plenty of broken promises are the basis for people's opinions. I have been a user of nl for many years and can only say that NL actions show contempt for its customers. Rather than being defensive, try understanding why people are disappointed/unhappy and think what can be done to improve customer service. You response above is going to piss more people off then its going to please. It's that kind of arrogance that is making people think they way they are. Not a great way to treat loyal customers. Do you really think at this stage people trust any posts from NL representatives? I really do not understand how a company can get customer service so wrong.

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:26 am

tt4079 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 pm
scuba wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 pm
tvr4ever wrote:
Sorry Scuba but actions speak louder than words. A lack of information, updates and plenty of broken promises are the basis for people's opinions. I have been a user of nl for many years and can only say that NL actions show contempt for its customers. Rather than being defensive, try understanding why people are disappointed/unhappy and think what can be done to improve customer service. You response above is going to piss more people off then its going to please. It's that kind of arrogance that is making people think they way they are. Not a great way to treat loyal customers. Do you really think at this stage people trust any posts from NL representatives? I really do not understand how a company can get customer service so wrong.

I do understand. I have written several times in the forum that we are aware of this time period of a new version! Also that we have not been good with information. I cannot do this every week...
but remember that:
- version 7 is free to use with commercial banner (commercial for our own usenet - and not external stuff)
- Supersearch/superleech is working
- Out usenet service is one of the best (if not the best!) on the marked.
- Support team is running.

So it's not like we have left the building and not doing anything. New version has taken to much time...BUT....our service level has been the same. All that is missing is that new version and it is coming. I cannot set a date because we earlier have seen bugs that suddenly was found and then people complain. Also there have been many changes to the UI which also have been important for us.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Many thanks for explaining Scuba. That's all you had to say! Thank you Sir.
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex