error:unable to obtain reply from super search

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
ronatola

error:unable to obtain reply from super search

Post by ronatola » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:47 pm

I've been getting this error for the last few days on 2 different computers in different locations. Is it working for anyone?
I'm using beta 4

error:unable to obtain reply from super search.

Aprilia

No reply

Post by Aprilia » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:32 pm

I am having exactly the same problem the last 2 days. I am getting no reply and it tells me to report this at the forum. Well, it's reported now.

I am using Beta 4
Life is full of sTuff, sometimes you are in the middle of it

superkoe

Post by superkoe » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:18 pm

same thing here :cry: :cry:

stokkes

Post by stokkes » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:38 am

Same here...

Magic

Post by Magic » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:32 am

oh boy.... check the newssection....
Back in business!

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:36 am

Magic wrote:oh boy.... check the newssection....
Yeah thanks smart arse none of knew about that :x

It's 5 days old and it specifically says in the NL error message to report the issue! Which we are all doing :cry: and not bitching about it.

I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:10 am

it does say to report the issue, but i think that means you should report it if it's occuring when ss would normally be working. the tech support guys don't need to be told it's offline, as they're the ones who took it offline...

The-One

Post by The-One » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:32 am

dwazegek wrote:it does say to report the issue, but i think that means you should report it if it's occuring when ss would normally be working. the tech support guys don't need to be told it's offline, as they're the ones who took it offline...
Can be, but they say on the site:
During the next couple of weeks we will move NewsLeecher.com (and several other sites and related databases) to a new dedicated server. During this period you might experience some instabilities with the website and with certain functions in the NewsLeecher application, such as the Super Search function. We hope the server move will eliminate the key-request problems some users have experienced, and make the server remarkably faster than it is at the moment.
They did not say that it would not work at all. And we do not know if they know that, so thats why we are reporting it.

TheGreatOne

Post by TheGreatOne » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:34 am

"some instabilities "

The "key" woed here is "some", some does not usuall "all the time, "mostly", or "forever". . .

It would be nice if SuperSearch could be restored,

Phreak

Post by Phreak » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:28 am

down for me aswell :<

DutchLeecher

Post by DutchLeecher » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:06 pm

New update on the homepage:

Oct 21, 2004
As you already might have noticed, the (beta) Super Search feature is down at the moment. We're working hard on getting it up and running again asap.

Rambitology

Post by Rambitology » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:00 am

DutchLeecher wrote:New update on the homepage:

Oct 21, 2004
As you already might have noticed, the (beta) Super Search feature is down at the moment. We're working hard on getting it up and running again asap.
Thanks for posting that. :)

Hmm -- let's see, we've got a news page in the program, we have to come search in the forum based on the program's (SuperSearch related) messages, and then the info we need is on the homepage (and not updated in 3 days)...

I realize that the nature of computers is to do whatever they feel like doing, no matter how hard we try to get them to do something useful. I'm also sure putting together beta software packages and working on server databases is a headache without having to deal with posting a status report every few minutes. But is there any chance the communications could be directed to a single location that everybody could check? :wink: