No new beta in over 1 month!!!

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Gary

No new beta in over 1 month!!!

Post by Gary »

Since Beta v 2.33 messed up the bandwidth limiting feature, I have been anxiously awaiting a new beta version that would fix the problems, but it's now been over 1 MONTH since the last beta. One of the reasons I decided to go with newsleecher was that Spiril *used* to bring out new beta versions VERY fast, sometimes a couple a week, but no new beta out for a month is WAY too long. While I like Super Search, I personally wish Spiril would spend less time messing around with Super Search, and get back to working on the software again. The trend that's developing with updates is NOT a good one.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

I think (could be wrong) that he is probably working towards v2.5, which is a big milestone

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

It took almost 2 months between v2.0 RC2 and RC3. Be patient :)

At least Spiril works a little quicker than Microsoft who is currently on a 5 year release schedule! ;)

techfuzz

Mmmbacon

Post by Mmmbacon »

I swear man, sometimes I wonder why Spiril even bother. You cant please ANYONE. Back a couple of months, when the betas were coming at a rate of once a week, the whiners were saying, "quit making so many betas and work on a stable product". Now he works on a stable product with fewer betas "where are all the betas!" I swear I wish Spiril would close the betas to only allow people actually familiar with the friggen purpose of a beta. It's not a god given right people...
A Registered Newsleecher Since Beta 19!

mudone11

Post by mudone11 »

Mmmbacon wrote:I swear man, sometimes I wonder why Spiril even bother. You cant please ANYONE. Back a couple of months, when the betas were coming at a rate of once a week, the whiners were saying, "quit making so many betas and work on a stable product". Now he works on a stable product with fewer betas "where are all the betas!" I swear I wish Spiril would close the betas to only allow people actually familiar with the friggen purpose of a beta. It's not a god given right people...
:D I agree completely.
Be yourself, there are enough other people!

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

mudone11 wrote:
Mmmbacon wrote:I swear man, sometimes I wonder why Spiril even bother. You cant please ANYONE. Back a couple of months, when the betas were coming at a rate of once a week, the whiners were saying, "quit making so many betas and work on a stable product". Now he works on a stable product with fewer betas "where are all the betas!" I swear I wish Spiril would close the betas to only allow people actually familiar with the friggen purpose of a beta. It's not a god given right people...
:D I agree completely.
Well said my friend!

techfuzz

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

Mmmbacon wrote:I swear man, sometimes I wonder why Spiril even bother. You cant please ANYONE. [...]
Wouldn't this be more a case of "you can't please everyone"? I'm pretty sure there are some who are not complaining..... ;-)

--
Lips

Mmmbacon

Post by Mmmbacon »

Heh, good point Lips :-)
A Registered Newsleecher Since Beta 19!

daphatty
Forum Moderator

Post by daphatty »

I don't think any of these people remember the 3-4 month hiatus we experience befored the 1.0 final release (beta 12 I think it was). Complaining about 1 month without an update is equivalent to saying, "HEY! LOOK EVERYBODY! I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

daphatty wrote:I don't think any of these people remember the 3-4 month hiatus we experience befored the 1.0 final release (beta 12 I think it was). Complaining about 1 month without an update is equivalent to saying, "HEY! LOOK EVERYBODY! I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Hi daphatty -

Yup, now that you mention it I remember that hiatus. Well, I forgot, but now I remember. :smile: Well, that 4 months was a long time. Not that I'm complaining..... ;-)

--
Lips

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

Lips wrote:
daphatty wrote:I don't think any of these people remember the 3-4 month hiatus we experience befored the 1.0 final release (beta 12 I think it was). Complaining about 1 month without an update is equivalent to saying, "HEY! LOOK EVERYBODY! I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Hi daphatty -

Yup, now that you mention it I remember that hiatus. Well, I forgot, but now I remember. :smile: Well, that 4 months was a long time. Not that I'm complaining..... ;-)

--
Lips
Is there anyone that would like to complain now that we've had two betas in 2 days? Go right ahead...

techfuzz

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been inside 24 hours. But what really bugs me there wasn't a single new feature in the new beta. :wink:
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Optikage

Post by Optikage »

Red Dwarf wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it has been inside 24 hours. But what really bugs me there wasn't a single new feature in the new beta. :wink:

you have been spoiled by this software. no more chocolates for you

mudone11

Post by mudone11 »

Red Dwarf wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it has been inside 24 hours. But what really bugs me there wasn't a single new feature in the new beta. :wink:
LOL :)
Be yourself, there are enough other people!