Searching Group before downloading?

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Francois20001

Searching Group before downloading?

Post by Francois20001 »

Is anyone else experiencing trouble with the fact the NL is searching the group before downloading? i had never seen this before in 2.3 now everytime i queue up something the bots or searching the group i guess to find the item to download. seems that the search is timing out more often than not and hanging the connection to the servers. :(

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Apparently, newsleecher thinks this is a 'hanging connection' Currently newsleecher resets hanging connections after one minute, try setting it to a longer timespan or disable it altogether.

I don't experience these problems could they be server related? maintenance or whatever? Because newsleecher does not perform a 'search' It's the servers job to fetch the messages.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Francois20001

Post by Francois20001 »

Well no matter what server i use ( i have 2 ) i still get a "searching a.b.whatever" before any files are d/led. on my isp server it does not really matter since the retention is very low. but on usenetserver the connection dies after a couple of minutes and then i get the 400 error which comes from the server itself. My real question here is ..... WHY is NL searching the group before downloading now?