v4 Certain downloads unable to create temporary file

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
muckypup

v4 Certain downloads unable to create temporary file

Post by muckypup » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:30 am

Hi,

Have been getting the following error on various downloads

It seemed that it couldn't create a temporary file. Only had problems with some sets of filenames, others seem to be downloading ok. The filename it cannot create is < 200 chars in length even with the !!! temp !!! filter name.

S.

muckypup

Post by muckypup » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:40 am

I think I have spotted where the error is. The algorithm that is turning the subject name into a folder to create is leaving a space at the end.

The attached image shows this quite clearly.

Steve

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:35 pm

I think this bug was fixed in a later version. Can you reproduce it using the latest beta?
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

muckypup

Post by muckypup » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

Don't bugfixes get merged back into the released branch so that we can use stable versions and not betas?

muckypup

Post by muckypup » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:38 pm

I have v5 beta 3 and exactly the same happens.

Message from the log.

"15:34:21 * Error Message:
The system cannot find the path specified

Could not open file (-1, E:\Downloads\alt.binaries.tv\NCIS - 8x18 - Out of the Frying Pan \!! newsleecher temporary !!\1202876492) - exists: 0

Path:
E:\Downloads\alt.binaries.tv\NCIS - 8x18 - Out of the Frying Pan \!! newsleecher temporary !!\

File:
1202876492"

I can pm nzb if required.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 pm

Once a version is released, it is no longer updated. If a bug is fixed later, it will just be part of the next release.

Many thanks for testing it with the latest version.

and yes, please email the NZB to support@newsleecher.com that we can test with. Thanks.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

muckypup

Post by muckypup » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 am

Hi, any idea when this will be fixed? I have tried beta 5 and it's showing the same problems as beta 3.

S.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Can't say when but I've emailed the developer to remind him of this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.