"Destination Folders" FAQ

NewsLeecher and General Usenet related How-To and FAQs.
Spiril
Site Admin

"Destination Folders" FAQ

Post by Spiril » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:21 am

Q : How do I setup the "Destination Folders" feature within NewsLeecher ?

A : Make sure you have NewsLeecher V7.0 or newer installed. Launch the application and click the "Folders" button on the right side of the main toolbar.
Q : What are "Destination Folder" tags ?

A : Tags tell NewsLeecher to insert data into the paths, when needed. For example, if you download a file from the Usenet group alt.binaries.test, and the download path looks like c:\downloads\<Group>, NewsLeecher will detect the "<Group>" tag when the download begins, and automatically replace it with the Usenet group name of the file, so the final path will be c:\downloads\alt.binaries.test\.
Q : Where can I find a list and a description of the available tags ?

A : Here : "Destination Folders" Tags.
Q : I want files from the "alt.binaries.test" group to be downloaded to "c:\download\alt.binaries.test\", files from "alt.binaries.anothergroup" to be downloaded to "c:\download\alt.binaries.anothergroup\" and so on. How is that possible ?

A : To accomplish that, simply setup the "Default Download Folder" on the "Destination Folders" settings dialog to c:\downloads\<Group>\.
Q : I want "Repair and Extract" to extract RAR archives to the same folders as the archives were downloaded to. Is that possible ?

A : To accomplish that, simply setup the "RAR Extract Folder" on the "Destination Folders" settings dialog to <PAR2 Path>. Or even simpler, just keep the "RAR Extract Folder" edit box empty.