Can i Move Group Cached groups to other HDD

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

PC-DOC

Can i Move Group Cached groups to other HDD

Post by PC-DOC » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi i does use the Cached Group update BUT it uses some Space on my C:\ and would like to move the files to a other HDD where i have much more Space ??
Some of my Groups use 48gb and other big Groups way more GB so this is a big problem for me and mabye other ones have same problem hope you can explain how or implant it in new update =D>

Mibbler

Re: Can i Move Group Cached groups to other HDD

Post by Mibbler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:23 am

From the FAQ section of the forum:
HowTo: Use an alternate location for the settings and temp directories

Is that what you wanted?
Del Mibbler

PC-DOC

Post by PC-DOC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm

yeah something like that but cant find any of the files that i have to edit in and then i cant doo it :-)
They is about newsleecher 4 and lover and i ust the newest 7.0 final and there is no .ini file ??

Mibbler

Post by Mibbler » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:09 am

The second post in that link is for 4.0 and later, including 7.0 Final (and 8.0 Beta if you're playing with that). The .ini file doesn't exist until you create it and save it to the NewsLeecher program directory.

For example, my computer has 3 internal drives: C: for the operating system, D: for programs and E: for everything else (mostly videos). C: and D: are partitions of an SSD. E: is a separate hard drive and much larger than the others. I created the folders E:\Data\NewsLeecherV7\Data and E:\Data\NewsLeecherV7\Temp. Then I created newsleecher.ini which has the following lines:

dataFolder=E:\Data\NewsLeecherV7\Data
tempFolder=E:\Data\NewsLeecherV7\Temp

I saved that to my NewsLeecher program directory. When I saw the link to the V8 Beta I installed the Beta to a different directory and put the same .ini file there as well. Now I can run either version and both use the same data. That works as long as I don't try to run both at the same time.

If I hadn't created the data and temp folders first, I suspect newsleecher.ini would have done it for me.
Del Mibbler

PC-DOC

Post by PC-DOC » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi again and thx for helping me :-)

After MANY tries i did get it to work had to many folders in the string and so on but i did manage to move all group files and now iu can subscribe to the groups i want to surf in and then i can do a better search because supersearch has a search result limit and that sucks :-(
But now i can make an update and it takes some time the first time but then it just Works :-)