SS expired ... I need to buy the WHOLE package AGAIN??

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
razoon

SS expired ... I need to buy the WHOLE package AGAIN??

Post by razoon »

I cant believe I have to pay almost 30$ junt to renew SS.
Is this true tho?
I mean I only need SS, not NL.

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Uhhm, you could also look at it another way. With you new SuperSearch subscription you get a year worth of upgrades for free. :wink: :wink: Personally I like getting access to new versions. :) I wouldn't purchase one without that option myself.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

vchavez

Post by vchavez »

What about a $10 or $15 package for only SuperSearch renew no Newsleecher updates? Sounds good ?

bhood

Post by bhood »

Red Dwarf wrote:Uhhm, you could also look at it another way. With you new SuperSearch subscription you get a year worth of upgrades for free. :wink: :wink: Personally I like getting access to new versions. :) I wouldn't purchase one without that option myself.

as I stated before; many of the newer versions use more resources's, beta3.5 is still my favorite and fastest leecher by far with and having to renew the full leecher is like , buying an engine for my car when all I need is a tuneup; :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarvinMonroe

Post by MarvinMonroe »

I agree, there should a be an option to simply renew Super Search

I too prefer one of the older versions so I’m not interested in purchasing a newer version of Newsleecher.

What do you say guys?
Can we look forward to this being an option in the very very near future?

Thanks

kmmoore

Post by kmmoore »

I am of the same opinion. I bought Newsleecher, but am not going to fork out another $30 just for SS.

I think there should be an option to add SS for $10-15 (which I would do), but not $30.

Kevin.

snowy1998

Post by snowy1998 »

I too think it is waaaay over the top, if people only want SS, why force them to buy upgrade subscriptions they don't want?

Personally, since my sub to SS has expired, i lookup items with SS if i need them, then use the file search on newzbin to get the nzb together.. and their search is only 25p a week.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

snowy1998 wrote:I too think it is waaaay over the top, if people only want SS, why force them to buy upgrade subscriptions they don't want?

Personally, since my sub to SS has expired, i lookup items with SS if i need them, then use the file search on newzbin to get the nzb together.. and their search is only 25p a week.
I might have calculated wrongly here, but isn't the NewsLeecher+SuperSearch package *almost* the same price as newzBin? Only 5p more a week...
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

defecat0r

Post by defecat0r »

well i gotta say, i'm in the same boat as i'd expect a lot here will be. $30US anualy is just a bit too steep for supersearch. I'd consider paying less than that for a "just supersearch" option. Supersearch really is a great feature, but it's just not worth $30. Think i'll have to stick with binsearch or one of these other free nzb sites for now

snowy1998

Post by snowy1998 »

Spiril wrote: I might have calculated wrongly here, but isn't the NewsLeecher+SuperSearch package *almost* the same price as newzBin? Only 5p more a week...
That may be the case Spiral, but at least with newzbin, they offer a much nicer indexing service, easy to use categorization of all posts, and they still have the same file search that is in Supersearch.

I cannot justify paying out what you are expecting returning customers to pay, when I can get the same from Newzbin with their 'value added features'

And i can buy my search credit from Newzbin when I need it, not 12 months at a time...

bhood

Post by bhood »

Spiril
I might have calculated wrongly here, but isn't the NewsLeecher+SuperSearch package *almost* the same price as newzBin? Only 5p more a week...
You need a new Calulator we only pay 12.00 for a year
And i can buy my search credit from Newzbin when I need it, not 12 months at a time..

yes but if you Buy at Christmas You get 1/2 price = 12.00 a year.

thats it

BlackAle

Post by BlackAle »

I don't understand the people complaining because it's more expensive than newzbin, if you like newzbin so much use that. I'm quite happy to pay a meagre $30 a year for Supersearch as it's just so quick and convenient having it in the usenet client itself.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

BlackAle wrote:I don't understand the people complaining because it's more expensive than newzbin, if you like newzbin so much use that. I'm quite happy to pay a meagre $30 a year for Supersearch as it's just so quick and convenient having it in the usenet client itself.
OK, What happens when you have someone like myself who is perectly happy running 2.3 Final (legit as well) you think it's right i HAVE to pay full a full package when i have no intrest in updating what so ever. no matter what mods they make to new versions.

All1

krokusnat

Post by krokusnat »

I believe that you should only have to buy the subscription for the supersearch and not for the program, updates aren't always for the better and I shouldn't have to pay for "testing" the program! It should be already be tested and be a full version, I don't have time to sit and play with bugs in programs when I shelled out good money for it in the first place. Also I am more than willing to pay for supersearch just as a seperate purchase but not for the program too as just for the reasons stated above...already paying for two servers monthly as well...Well thats my opinion, really you guys ought to consider looking into an option like that because it isn't a sales pitch for good business, I happen to know quite a few who won't use the boards because of this very reason..I'm not here to upset but to put a little bit of a different view on this issue, alot of software companies seem to think that this is the way it ought to be, and this shouldn't be the case, I have had companies that I have had a good 2 year subscription and then about a year through they decide to change thier mind, and as you guessed it I ended up buying the software over again. Not anymore....:)

abobader

Post by abobader »

BlackAle wrote:I don't understand the people complaining because it's more expensive than newzbin, if you like newzbin so much use that. I'm quite happy to pay a meagre $30 a year for Supersearch as it's just so quick and convenient having it in the usenet client itself.
I agree here, I renew it today myself for $30.

I somehow see the points of the other, it good idea to spreate the issue as:

1 - Full license SS & NL as now.
2 - NL only.
3 - SS only.

So every one renew what he need most.

My best.