SuperSearch Results - Age & Timezones

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Hecks

SuperSearch Results - Age & Timezones

Post by Hecks » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:00 pm

No doubt this has been posted before, but since search results are all timestamped with Central European Time (or so it seems), they're listed as an hour ahead of British Summer Time (GMT + 1). This means that anything posted within the last hour appears as 0 minutes, and therefore can't be properly sorted by age. I can only assume that this gets worse the further West you go. To test, just do a group search, 1 day.

Is this a common problem?

-Hecks

Hecks

Post by Hecks » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Nobody else seen this problem?

-Hecks

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:23 pm

Nope, you're computer clock is probably set to the wrong timezone or time.

techfuzz

Hecks

Post by Hecks » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:58 am

techfuzz wrote:Nope, you're computer clock is probably set to the wrong timezone or time.

techfuzz
It isn't, that would just be silly. Like most people's system clocks, I assume, it's automatically synchronised over the net. To clarify, when I do the following search, for example:

group:alt.binaries.multimedia

The topmost results (that is, all posts within the last hour) return with 00d 00h 00m. It's been confirmed by others who have seen the same behaviour that SuperSearch timestamps its results by CET (this is also easily confirmed by checking other search sites). I'm surprised not more people have reported it.

A bit more info, please ?

-Hecks