Supersearch down again

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
digitalfreak

Supersearch down again

Post by digitalfreak »

Erotic searching works, General doesn't. Unable to receive a reply from the Supersearch service.

Ain't just me. Check the stickied thread.

jimvaughan

Post by jimvaughan »

I see the same thing.

moomoo

Post by moomoo »

Yes, it is down again. It seems to be the most unreliable service I have experienced, and am beginning to wonder about alternatives. I think we should get some compensation for this, as we are simply receiving a service that very regularly fails. This is not what I planned when I paid money.

BIZZJetDriver

Post by BIZZJetDriver »

What are the alternatives for article searching?

dialtone

Post by dialtone »

Ask nicely for a Newzbin account. Then be real patient. You have to ask the admin here for it. You will eventually get one. Then it's a pay service. Real nice interface and long term search results. It very reasonable with the cost, too.

BrandonSi

Post by BrandonSi »

That would be great if I could get a newzbin account, but to be honest all I want is for SuperSearch to be stable.. I've been a paying member for over 2 years and as of late, this is as bad as I've ever seen it. :(

jayh165

Supersearch Not Working

Post by jayh165 »

I've been experiencing problems with Supersearch off and on for last 2-3 weeks. I too am not too happy. I've spent a lot of time making sure it was nothing on my end such as a firewall blockage. :(

customx

Post by customx »

I'm tierd of dealing with this too, about to cancel my giganews/newsleecher package

knightshade

Supersearch Down Again

Post by knightshade »

Here we go again.
Erotic works, General is dead in the water. This is becoming a common bug with no support or fix in sight...
Last time it was down for over 24 hours...I guess I better let News Rover out of the doghouse!

Alternative while you wait:

http://www.newsrover.com/
:twisted:

zetaprime

Re: Supersearch Down Again

Post by zetaprime »

knightshade wrote:Here we go again.
Erotic works, General is dead in the water. This is becoming a common bug with no support or fix in sight...
Last time it was down for over 24 hours...I guess I better let News Rover out of the doghouse!

It seems like support for newsleecher seems to have gone downhill altogether. The supersearch goes down without any sort of notification of the problem in the News::Log tab whose purpose is to inform users of such matters. Also, there used to be new betas a lot more often. It seems like development has slowed to a crawl. Makes me think the author is not really into it any more.

Enigma974

Re: Supersearch Down Again

Post by Enigma974 »

knightshade wrote:Here we go again.

Alternative while you wait:

http://www.newsrover.com/
:twisted:
Thanks for the alternative, looks decent.

too bad that it has come to this though i have been using supersearch for over 5 years, but this downward trend is disappointing and very annoying.

fatman

Post by fatman »

I'm getting sick of this too.

I don't think we have a had a full week recently when supersearch has been down at some point.

They used to add an extra day to your subscription, but that doesn't seem to happen any more.

It's getting that way that I am wondering if it's worth re-subscribing when my licence ends.

SORT this mess out....

Kornelis

Post by Kornelis »

I guess its working again for me :)

digitalfreak

Post by digitalfreak »

It's working intermittently for me right now.