Ignore poster doesn't work

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Downstream

Ignore poster doesn't work

Post by Downstream »

-poster:ABC -> finds posts not by that poster

-poster:ABC XYZ -> finds XYZ but doesn't exclude ABC

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

How about that. More than 2 years later and it still doesn't work.

I tried it with -poster:yencbin minkb:300000.

It found everything more than 300MB, including all of spammer yencbin's stuff.

It's a shame, this would be a real help.

Even one of the nzb sites has this capability. (nzbindex.nl)

Downstream

Post by Downstream »

Yeah, it's sad nothing is done with bug reports.

This bug is becoming increasingly more critical as the number of spam posts is steadily increasing.

Spiril should take a look at Usenet Explorer for search filters. That's really awesome stuff that puts SS way above free indexing sites.

uberlurker

Post by uberlurker »

Having wrote that, on could wonder why not just use UE over NL then?
Sure UE is kinda ugly and difficult to get around for those that are new to usenet but it seems to work in a interesting way...

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

Nah, I tried UE. Even with its blemishes and blisters and inattentive developers, I still think NL/SS is better.

For the moment, for erotica I'm using nzbindex.nl to get nzb's and importing them into NL, and SS for music, movies, and other stuff, still works pretty well on that side.

I routinely will queue up dozens of movies/imagesets/albums, walk away for a couple of hours, and come back with 95% of them repaired (if necessary), extracted, and waiting to be played in their individual folders. UE's ability to do this doesn't come close. I think NL's Repair and Extract is magic.

BTW, there seems to be a pattern that the developers take the summer off and then work furiously in the fall to fix things. We'll see.

uberlurker

Post by uberlurker »

I really wonder what are those videos files that I queued up and get repaired/extracted/cleaned off .xyz files in UE?
I still have no idea why those tv-shows files automatically appears on designated folders without me knowing that last episodes were out...

Seriously we're in 2011, do you really think UE can't queue/repair/extract stuff off usenet in individual folders?
Last version 3.3 is around may 2011, even collections that I believe is a great idea was only introduced in NL v4b1 in 2009 and in UE v1.2.6 in 2006.

Yeah I do read both forums and it's true NL need more attentive developper(s).

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

I tried UE last summer. I know UE can do repair/extract, it's just that I thought the interface was really clunky, not as easy to use as NL. Maybe I should try it again.

Update: Okay, I reinstalled UE and have 15 days to play. I want to search for all posts (any subject) from alt.binaries.erotica that are less than 2 days old and between 300MB and 600MB. How do I do that?

uberlurker

Post by uberlurker »

Hey I didn't mean for you to retest it out, just saying UE was ok doing that kind of job.
Anyway it seems inappropriate to ask support for it in here.

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

You're right. My bad. Won't do it again. Spank me little bottom.

I asked for support over there, didn't get any. Did try it out again, my system hates it, it slows down everything. What NL downloads and extracts in 10 minutes, UE took 30 min before I ended it unfinished because I couldn't run anything else. Oh well. All of life is a compromise.