SS Not Finding Anything?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
MegaFlash

Seme Problem

Post by MegaFlash »

I used to love SS but now it is getting kind of stupid... Most of the stuff is not getting indexed and alot of Post are now displaying incomplete (And I can't evan repair them with PAR files) when other search engine are showing complete post...

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

yeah, i've been using binsearch ever more to the point i've got a page open all the time now

as for this stupid bug, i've reset up NL from scratch yadda yadda yadda and updating headers shows up as 62 days old.

come on guys. this should have been fixed yesterday.

we're paying for this service so some support would be good!

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

You can complain all you want on this forum, but the maker of NL doesn't care much for his customers.
Sure, in the past he has added some extra days for us to use SS when there was a problem with SS, but he never let us know if he is aware of problems and if he is working on the problem.
So much for the "News" tab in NL :twisted:

I've made my peace with that and use SS whenever it's working. If SS isn't working I use the good ol' nzb sites.

XManJx

Post by XManJx »

And when will we be able to search more then 70 Days with the "Heart" Category button????

the doctor

This does appear to be a version 4 beta problem

Post by the doctor »

kevino wrote:update: can see error on v4 beta 15. went to v4 beta 1, and it seems to work ok. But I had to reset all my server info.

--------------------
I was pulling out whatever hair I had left trying to clear out caches and redownload the 16+ million headers. Couldn't see anything new after 1 May. gives a new meaning to MayDay...

i'll try to roll back to previous version which can be downloaded from this URL:

http://www.newsleecher.com/old/

This problem could also exist in other versions - Though I have not seen anyone mention having (or not having) the problem in v.3.95

Chumbo

Post by Chumbo »

I'm using 3.9 Final and I also started seeing this problem yeserday when I searched for a couple items. The problem is still there as of a few minutes ago.

bobby_uk

Post by bobby_uk »

As per usual NO-ONE from Newsleecher cares when Supersearch doesn't work, they haven't even got the decency to reply to threads admitting that there is a problem. They're only interested in collecting money from people who don't use it regularly enough to know about the problems and they don't even seem to care about all the money they lose when people say enough is enough and cancel their subscriptions. VERY STRANGE WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS !!!!!

Chumbo

Post by Chumbo »

I agree, it's unacceptable since we pay extra for it. It would be different if it was free, but it should have been fixed by now.

blackriders

Post by blackriders »

Thought it was just me that wasn't getting any results with super search.

the doctor

Re: This does appear to be a version 4 beta problem

Post by the doctor »

This problem could also exist in other versions - Though I have not seen anyone mention having (or not having) the problem in v.3.95
SS works fine in ver 3.95 - available here: http://www.newsleecher.com/old/nl_setup_39503.exe

Just make sure, if you are thinking about installing version 3.95 temporarily that you back up your complete NewsLeecher data file first.

If you have not changed your data file location it is located in:

Win 7 (Vista?): C:\Users\(YOUR USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\Newsleecher\

Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR USERNAME)\Application Data\NewsLeecher

To see this folder you must have all files/folders showing in folder options

Backup this complete folder and when the problem is fixed over write the folder with the backup folder to restore back to where you were before installing ver 3.95.

You can install both on the same computer, but you have to change the DATA folder location for one of the versions (see FAQs on how to do this).

FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=12413

You can NOT have 2 NL programs open (running) at the same time.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

The date bug has been fixed in SuperSearch, so it should be working with all current releases of NewsLeecher again.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

JohnNL

Post by JohnNL »

Spiril wrote:The date bug has been fixed in SuperSearch, so it should be working with all current releases of NewsLeecher again.
Thank you. Any estimate on when it will be fixed for a newsgroup? My group-retention was set at 60 days, so I now have several days "missing". Will there be any way to recover the "missing" hole without download ALL (too big) headers again? The 1,000,000 headers is not enough for re-retrieve.

bbazian

Post by bbazian »

I too am not getting updates to many of the newsgroups. I am not using SuperSearch.
-Ben

nl_bwlonsdale

Post by nl_bwlonsdale »

OK, the latest v4 beta 17 fixes it.

The link on the Downloads page as of right now points to the beta 16 despite what it says though!!!

You can grab the actual version (or any) from the old section:

http://www.newsleecher.com/old/

I think Spiril must be having a bad hair day...

enderw

Post by enderw »

SS seems to be up again, but got a problem... i do a search for:

-password -german -stream in group HDTV 2 days max... it comes with nothing.

IT seems that anything with a - in front of it yield no results.