SuperSearch STILL not finding posts - Official response needed

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
the doctor

SuperSearch STILL not finding posts - Official response needed

Post by the doctor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:18 am

It has been 5 days since I first posted a problem report in this forum, without any official response?????????

SuperSearch is not working and needs to be fixed!

Why is this problem being ignored?

Why are the users being ignored?

Would you at least tell us what the problem is and what is being done to fix the problem.

EXAMPLE #137:

Search for eureka in SS does not find the most recent posts in a.b.multimedia and a.b.teevee.

SS should find an MKV and an AVI file posted within the last day - Shows in the headers downloaded in Articles Tab and downloads via NZB.

BUT NOT BEING FOUND IN SUPERSEARCH.

SUPERSEARCH IS USELESS AT THIS POINT

Why is this happening? What are you doing to fix it? When will it be fixed?

zzyzxuk

Post by zzyzxuk » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Similar issue...

Several episodes of television programmes that -should- be on the newsgroups, and can be easily found on TED are no longer appearing through Supersearch. It seems that anything more than 11 days ago is OK, but anything more recent that isn't appearing as it should...

Any idea what is going on?

Chumbo

Post by Chumbo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:43 pm

C'mon people, we're PAYING for this service and we expect it to work. Sure there'll be the occassional hiccup, but this is ridiculous where it's not working for days?

As of right now I can't find posts that are 5 days old and this is not the first time this has happened. Please show us the courtesy of at least addressing the issue with some sort of response.

the doctor

Post by the doctor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:22 pm

zzyzxuk wrote:...can be easily found on TED are no longer appearing...
I hope I don't seem stupid or anything but...

What is TED?

Post by 9153465743 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:51 pm

well, i'm fed up not getting a service i'm paying for, so im going to stop paying for it.

snoeki

Post by snoeki » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:26 pm

with newsleecher 4.0 beta 20 I have no problems searching (for example the latest euroke tv show)...

do you guys use the 3.9 final version?

daviddth

Post by daviddth » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:50 am

snoeki wrote: do you guys use the 3.9 final version?
I can find shows from today in SS now, but not 2 or 3 days ago. I have to run 3.9 rather than 4.0, as beta 20 will simply not work here (Beta 16 or so was fine, but I no longer have it handy).

The_Rock

Same here incomplete posts with SS, nzbindex gives complete post

Post by The_Rock » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Right now I'm creating new nzb's using the free nzbindex site because all ss nzb's from the last few days are so incomplete that recovery isn't possible :(

I am paying for this Super Search service and would like to see compensation for the lack of service.

simonprr

Re: Same here incomplete posts with SS, nzbindex gives complete post

Post by simonprr » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 am

The_Rock wrote:Right now I'm creating new nzb's using the free nzbindex site because all ss nzb's from the last few days are so incomplete that recovery isn't possible :(

I am paying for this Super Search service and would like to see compensation for the lack of service.
Me too! :evil:

BinaryVeteran

thx for shitting on your customers

Post by BinaryVeteran » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:09 am

I've been a Newsleecher user for several years now and this is my first post here. The reason I'm posting now is that I'm seriously fed up with the Suppersearch service. This is a service we PAY for, and the lack of updates and ability to fix this unreliable service is beyond me. The service has been down a countless of times over the last few years and seems to be having problems every other week or so. Why on earth should we keep paying for this service when the freeones are doing a much better job?

There are countless of articles missing during the last few weeks and not a single status update on this site is just UNBELIVABLE. The service is totally useless in it's current state. I for one won't be renewing my subsription.

RickCann

Re: thx for shitting on your customers

Post by RickCann » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:26 am

The service has been up and down a lot...right now I can not access the super search at all. I DO love the ability to just go straight to the search rather than going through the groups to find what I want
BinaryVeteran wrote:I've been a Newsleecher user for several years now and this is my first post here. The reason I'm posting now is that I'm seriously fed up with the Suppersearch service. This is a service we PAY for, and the lack of updates and ability to fix this unreliable service is beyond me. The service has been down a countless of times over the last few years and seems to be having problems every other week or so. Why on earth should we keep paying for this service when the freeones are doing a much better job?

There are countless of articles missing during the last few weeks and not a single status update on this site is just UNBELIVABLE. The service is totally useless in it's current state. I for one won't be renewing my subsription.

Lebebfr

Post by Lebebfr » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:15 am

+1

For days now , all my search are equally shown as incomplete or simply not present.

And this for basic search ...

I hope this is a temp problem and that this will be fix in the future ..

for now i do my my search with free nzb engine but they are no as convenient as supersearch ...

Nice day to you all ..

aether22

Post by aether22 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:10 am

Same problem here, this honestly is not good enough, oh and I do have version 4.0 so that ain't it.

I am having to search everything I fail to find twice now.

It is odd that Supersearch which I pay for is in every single way worse than free services, except for the advantage of it being integrated what reason is there to favour it?

None I can think of, this has gone on too long with no communication, no expectation things will get better, and zero reason to keep paying for it, this is just the latest problem in a string of failures.
Last edited by aether22 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexps

Still still corrupt

Post by alexps » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:11 am

What is going on? Seriously, you need to fix this. Or stop charging us for it.
I don't pay a SS fee to use NZBsearch. I pay a SS fee to use SS. Sick of it.
Fix it.