Page 2 of 2

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 am
by bkz2457
It was working yesterday for me [searching within the last day], then its gone down completely this morning. :(

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 am
by elite
yes it has been down for me for the last 5-6hrs...and counting,..

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:43 am
by drfruit
This could be related to the same problem Newzbin has, where for over a week most if not all NZB files result in incomplete downloads, even when the actual files are complete on most news servers.
It seems to be related to corrupt headers originating from newshosting.

For the last week, I have been using other services such as illuminatenboard and NZBindex to find postings and get more or less complete NZB files.

Yesterday, I could use SuperSearch for a while.

The lack of any status information is a bit alarming for a paid service.

Re: Same here incomplete posts with SS, nzbindex gives complete post

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:54 am
by ericdevet
simonprr wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Right now I'm creating new nzb's using the free nzbindex site because all ss nzb's from the last few days are so incomplete that recovery isn't possible :(

I am paying for this Super Search service and would like to see compensation for the lack of service.
Me too! :evil:
Same here!!! with just a month to go on my current SS license, i'm giving it a hard though if i renew or not. :twisted:

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:37 pm
by Conz
Same issue, look for bleach 288 and it'll turn up red, look for it somewhere else and its complete.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:50 am
by Casey120
I have 3 days left but won't renew this time , SS has become laughable compared to other free search engines .
It is convenient because its build in , I have used it from the first test days when it was still free but it's just not reliable and incomplete compared to others .
A shame really :cry:

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:26 am
by Gunboy
Ah, I'm not alone with these complaints. :evil:
I had to switch to NZBIndex in order to have complete downloads ...
Beside fixing, they should at least extend our subscription with a couple of weeks (like they did in the good old days when something was wrong with SS).

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:38 pm
by bigc33
I'm noticing a lot of incompletes in SuperSearch that are complete in yabsearch.

I'm also noticing results that show up in yabsearch don't show up in SuperSearch.

Do a SuperSearch for maxdays:10 "bbc radio 3"

Now click here to perform the yabsearch.

Compare the results. Notice the vast differences.

:/

I agree with gunboy's proposal.

Re: Same here incomplete posts with SS, nzbindex gives complete post

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:41 pm
by trapm
ericdevet wrote:
simonprr wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Right now I'm creating new nzb's using the free nzbindex site because all ss nzb's from the last few days are so incomplete that recovery isn't possible :(

I am paying for this Super Search service and would like to see compensation for the lack of service.
Me too! :evil:
Same here!!! with just a month to go on my current SS license, i'm giving it a hard though if i renew or not. :twisted:
+1
SS License expiring in Dec but going back and forward if i should renew.
SS is very unreliable lately.

Compensation should be the least option for NL staff to their paying customers.

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:27 am
by joetliu
I have read the post that the situation with SuperSearch might result from my using certain anti-virus software. But honestly, this is not a very good answer. The anti-virus software I use is rather popular and I am sure many people may be using it as well. Since we are all paying customers for SuperSearch, I really expect this issue to be solved.

Furthermore, I chose to use NewsLeecher because the SuperSearch function is very convinient for me. If SuperSearch keeps comping up and down, I'd rather use other software as NewsBin Pro. They only charge once and I don't have to pay the annual fees. I am finding BinSearch to function much better and RELIABLE than SuperSearch.

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:16 pm
by Cokane
Hey all,
Supersearch is down for me more often than not over last few days aswell. I'm really new to usenet and am still using this software as it was what was recommended to me when I began.

What other options do I have if this continues to fail - newsleecher is only useful to me with the inbuilt search function. People mentioned free searchs? Any links would be most welcome to those and alternative options! Thanks guys
C

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:23 pm
by ericdevet
Cokane wrote:Hey all,
Supersearch is down for me more often than not over last few days aswell. I'm really new to usenet and am still using this software as it was what was recommended to me when I began.

What other options do I have if this continues to fail - newsleecher is only useful to me with the inbuilt search function. People mentioned free searchs? Any links would be most welcome to those and alternative options! Thanks guys
C
Try http://www.binsearch.info/

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm
by bigonexeon
Ive been using newsleecher for 4 years now and cant figure out why a reliable version 3.9 final super search not work and a buggy 4.0 build 20 super search work i think its slack to ignore a stable build support for a buggy build maybe they should make 3.9 super search work until 4.0 final is out and if the issue isn't rectified i wont be renewing my license

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:50 am
by phorkster
Well I guess the lack of response says it all. Subscription Cancelled.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:01 am
by ericdevet
phorkster wrote:Well I guess the lack of response says it all. Subscription Cancelled.
Same here!

But the strange thing is that the subscription ended 7 days ago, and all is still working....