January 06 SuperSearch not indexing

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
notme2

January 06 SuperSearch not indexing

Post by notme2 »

Any staff members working on that ??

Hasn't been indexing for at least 12 hours by now

sheepshagger

Post by sheepshagger »

whats your search term? i just tried mp3 for 1 day and got loads of hits

notme2

Post by notme2 »

sheepshagger wrote:whats your search term? i just tried mp3 for 1 day and got loads of hits
getting any newer that 0,7 days ??

dlmvegas

Post by dlmvegas »

I know for a fact that files are there using bin search but supersearch is NOT pulling up the files. If I use binsearch site and create an NZB file it will load my queue with the files that supersearch can't seem to find.

Is someone working on this?????

sheepshagger

Post by sheepshagger »

notme2 wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:whats your search term? i just tried mp3 for 1 day and got loads of hits
getting any newer that 0,7 days ??
yes

lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

At least in Erotica it is not. :?

Brus

Post by Brus »

bumping to keep at top, still an issue...

sheepshagger

Post by sheepshagger »

ok provide a search term and ill test it

bobby_uk

Post by bobby_uk »

AGAIN it's not working for 3 or 4 days and the lack of ANY response from anyone from Newsleecher is conspicuous by it's absence. Gotta be the WORST customer services of ANY business on the planet.
test this which can be found for FREE on Binsearch but not by so called Supersearch
twiz-downt-ntsc

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Confirmed. With the search term twiz-downt-ntsc, supersearch does not find the main posting (4.8 GB). Another search term that does not work is ktr.kow in the Erotica category. Please fix this!

But generally, indexing does work. Try mp3 or jpg as search term and you will get results with an age of 0.0 days.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Sorry for the inconvenience. Spiril just located the problem and fixed it. Future posts should not be filtered.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Smudge wrote:Future posts should not be filtered.
Thanks, but existing (old) posts are still filtered. How about a solution so that these old posts are found too?

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Another problem: With the search term

CH-20110110OD

SuperSearch finds nothing. With the same search term, binsearch.info and nzbclub.com find it.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Andreas wrote:
Smudge wrote:Future posts should not be filtered.
Thanks, but existing (old) posts are still filtered. How about a solution so that these old posts are found too?
Sorry but it won't be possible to show the old posts since they were filtered out as the feed came in.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Voyager2k

Post by Voyager2k »

Smudge wrote:Sorry but it won't be possible to show the old posts since they were filtered out as the feed came in.
Considering that your database has more holes than a giant swiss cheese with extra holes you might want to consider turning off your useless spam filter, rebuilding the database and allowing the client to filter out unwanted spam (i.e. allow the use of "-poster:info@gethemail.in" to get rid of the most annoying spammer in recent history) since it seems supersearch filters more valid posts than spam. Sometimes it even filters posts from a series of posts, all from the the same poster and all looking similar (i.e. tv series seasons) and all perfectly valid. But apparently supersearch doesn't like some episodes :)

Just food for thought, but in all seriousness .... rebuilding and moving the spamfilter to the client by making it part of the search expression would do A LOT for supersearch "quality of service" (also, considering that nobody seems to maintain the spam filter anyway it makes sense).