SS not indexing some things?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Brus

SS not indexing some things?

Post by Brus »

Search UHQ in the erotica category and posts are several days old, but if you search via binsearch.info I get up to date information.

what's up?

JsFrk

Post by JsFrk »

seems to be a few week old issue that NL doesn't seem to want to respond too as I've sent emails and made a few post on here asking similar questions..

Luckily I pay monthly so Ill be cancelling mine :( :(

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

This has happened regularly in the past (when Spiril wasn't around). Basically some auto-spam filter mis-detects UHQ's posting volume as spam, and wipes it out. In the past, it's actually deleted all previously indexed posts as well, but this time it's just failing to index new ones.

Looks like Spiril has vanished again, because this kind of thing is normally handled easily and quickly when he's around.

Brus

Post by Brus »

yeah, Things were really good for a bit there, new versions and such. Hoping the guy is only on vacation or something

haus

Post by haus »

Can we get this fixed? It has been a month.

haus

Post by haus »

Day 55 now, no resolution.

Rubens58

Post by Rubens58 »

I don't know what "UHQ" is, but I'm not able to find some "general" posts (not erotica, but normal movies and tv series), so I search them via other indexer news like Binsearch and Newsbin and I get up the NZB files to download. For example: some "Penguins of Madagascar" episodes.

It's true, SuperSearch is not indexing some real posts, but instead it's indexing a big zillion spam pack...

haus

Post by haus »

64 days....

oldcrow74

Post by oldcrow74 »

As I just responded to another posting, ss is definitely not indexing everything. On more than one occasion I've requested that something be uploaded and been flamed because it had just been posted a couple weeks before.

haus

Post by haus »

100 days now.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Currently looking into this.

When you notice something which isn't indexed by SS, please PM me with the article subject name.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Just search the Adult server for "a.b.erotica@EFNet", 100 days.

SS: 11
Binsearch: 56,000+

If it's the same thing as the last time this exact same thing happened, it's the spam filter run amuck.

The last correctly indexed post was, as of the time of this posting, 110.5 days ago.

The Viking

Post by The Viking »

Still no solution about the Efnet filtering.Why don't we hear anything if there's something going on to resolve this problem Spiril?

haus

Post by haus »

Gotten even worse now, UHQ used to return a lot, then it stopped for 125 days, and now it returns nothing with the new version. Pretty bad when the service is actually getting worse with each new release.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

I should probably point out that "UHQ" hasn't been used for postings for about 40 days now. However SS isn't indexing the new posts either.