SS not indexing some things?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
aska

Post by aska »

looks better now...I am still suspicious...
admins, is the bug fixed?

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Yes, it was fixed Monday.

If there's any new stuff not begin indexed, pls drop me a PM with details on what is missing.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Jack Straw

Supersearch "poster" filter doesn't seem to work correctly

Post by Jack Straw »

Maybe it's me but when I search for "pleasure & pain" in alt.binaries.mp3 for the past 1100 days I find a post by tvanderpol@casema.nl (Musicman) dated 6/30/2011.

Yet when I do a search for the poster tvanderpol@casema.nl (Musicman) to see what else he has posted all I get 20 hits dated 7/20/2011 in alt.binaries.mp3 for the past 1100 days. Pleasure & pain is not among those 20 hits. I have also tried changing the days to 300. This seems a bit strange to me. Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? Thank you

dlmvegas

Something's Not Right....

Post by dlmvegas »

After looking at NZBIndex and finding my files. I wonder why they aren't showing up. Either superseach isn't working or something else is going on. When hitting just the return key while in supersearch it appears that it isn't finding anything newer than 2.5 days.

Can some techy person check this out.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Holy crap. I had literally given up on hoping that Erotica search would ever work again.

Brus

Post by Brus »

Spiril wrote:Yes, it was fixed Monday.

If there's any new stuff not begin indexed, pls drop me a PM with details on what is missing.
Why exactly did it take nearly 7 months for this? If the old database server was the issue why wasn't that explained?

You've lost my renewal money either way. I, like most have found better methods of finding things on usenet that aren't broken without dev support for months on end.

I applaud your recent interest in your software development but It'll be spring soon and that's when your development stops, as witnessed for two years in a row....

Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw »

Just to set the record straight, you aren't like most. To most this tool is only one tool of many that are used to find what you are seeking on Usenet. I didn't notice any proclamations in the agreement that gave assurances things would always be perfect. Usenet and everything associated with it pretty much is what it is and always has been. I don't think your $20 or your comments will be missed. If you need whatever it is you are looking for that badly then might I suggest you acquire it legitimately? It will be far less stressful for you and you could put that $20 toward a pint of Grey Goose. Have a nice day....... :)

Brus wrote:
Spiril wrote:Yes, it was fixed Monday.

Why exactly did it take nearly 7 months for this? If the old database server was the issue why wasn't that explained?

You've lost my renewal money either way. I, like most have found better methods of finding things on usenet that aren't broken without dev support for months on end.

I applaud your recent interest in your software development but It'll be spring soon and that's when your development stops, as witnessed for two years in a row....