Supersearch missing tons of sTuff right now

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Zoneseek

Supersearch missing tons of sTuff right now

Post by Zoneseek »

Is it just me or supersearch missing a ton of sTuff right now. Over the past week or so ive been lucky to see it catch 1 in 5 times. Whats up?

tjm1100

Post by tjm1100 »

It's not just you. Super Search has been missing 30-40 percent of the articles in my book mark searches for a couple weeks now. It does not seem to be indexing all of the articles in a.b.multimedia, and probably other groups as well. I have to open the newsgroup and paste my search in the filter to find what I'm looking. Defeats the purpose of paying for super search.

dekket

Same problem...

Post by dekket »

I can use another search service and find everything I'm looking for.
SuperSearch is becoming increasingly difficult to promote when it comes to renew subscription.

dekket

DMCA?

Post by dekket »

It just occured to me... can SuperSearch be subject to DMCA Takedown requests? I know SS doesn't actually contain any copyrighted material, but neither do TPB and they've managed to convict those guys... :/

OldShaw

Same Problem

Post by OldShaw »

I dislike having to say "Me too" - but SS is missing lots of posts. As already observed - a.b.multimedia defintely has problems.
Does anyone know if this is being looked at?

laytoncy

Post by laytoncy »

Same thing here...I was looking for something that I knew would be available Monday. I didn't find it all day using SuperSearch and was amazed. Decided to use another search engine and there it was and had been up since Monday. I imported the nzb to Newsleecher. But hey, last I checked I paid for SuperSearch. I hope this thread is recognized and this problem is rectified.

Tcalp

Post by Tcalp »

Agreed, I use it to download TV Shows (legal in my country) and I can't find like 70% of the content on super search anymore and having to rely on nzb index services.

Can we get some feedback from the developers on this ?, it's been like this for weeks.

Beany2112

Re: Same problem...

Post by Beany2112 »

dekket wrote:I can use another search service and find everything I'm looking for.
SuperSearch is becoming increasingly difficult to promote when it comes to renew subscription.
Hi dekket can you name your good search service for us please? SS is dead now I think. Enough has been talked about on here without the devs correcting or updating so I guess we should assume the worst. Probably not even the devs fault. maybe legal stuff pending?? if so I hope they are safe even if SS and NL bites the dust. Was good while it lasted!

dekket

Re: Same problem...

Post by dekket »

Beany2112 wrote:
dekket wrote:I can use another search service and find everything I'm looking for.
Hi dekket can you name your good search service for us please? SS is dead now I think. Enough has been talked about on here without the devs correcting or updating so I guess we should assume the worst. Probably not even the devs fault. maybe legal stuff pending?? if so I hope they are safe even if SS and NL bites the dust. Was good while it lasted!
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=usenet+search+engine

:D

retxed

Post by retxed »

List of alternative NZB sites here: http://www.usenettools.net/NZB.htm

If you like having search integrated in the reader, Newsbin does it and the devs have never disappeared for months at a time.

colinhunt

Post by colinhunt »

I'm a TV show addict and SS has been missing huge amounts of shows in a.b.multimedia lately. What the hell am I paying for here? :x

dekket

Another one with integrated search...

Post by dekket »

If NL/SS really is dead and you're on a Mac and only use a windows box for leeching (odd configuration perhaps, but I enjoy it,) try Unison. It has integrated search as well. Costs like 30 bucks but well worth it. Slick interface too.

http://www.panic.com/unison/

dekket

Another one with integrated search...

Post by dekket »

If NL/SS really is dead and you're on a Mac and only use a windows box for leeching (odd configuration perhaps, but I enjoy it,) try Unison. It has integrated search as well. Costs like 30 bucks but well worth it. Slick interface too.

http://www.panic.com/unison/

tijger37

Post by tijger37 »

It's good to see the people from NL are paying attention to what's going on . It's been over a week now and SS is still missing a lot of posts and it's really getting annoying.
What am I paying for?!?!

tijger37

Post by tijger37 »

It's good to see the people from NL are paying attention to what's going on . It's been over a week now and SS is still missing a lot of posts and it's really getting annoying.
What am I paying for?!?!