Supersearch won't search for current day items

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
theflash

Supersearch won't search for current day items

Post by theflash »

Recently for me, Newsleecher has been reporting the following bug....queue start ge na. Since I started getting it, I can't get the supersearch feature to work when I use "1" day in the search parameters. If I search for more than one day it finds items.

Should I reinstall Newsleecher to overlay any corrupted files or are there config files I can delete to fix this? :)

Niemand

No Recent Search Results

Post by Niemand »

I too am not seeing any search results younger than 2 days. This is for all searches regardless of newsgroup. I've tested it on the high-volume newsgroup alt.binaries.boneless and that confirms it: No search results are younger than 2 days.

poozler

Post by poozler »

This happened about three days ago; apparently the teevee servers were down.
A few users posted asking what was happening.

It started working after about a day and then it stopped again last night.

Now I don't even see anyone posting to ask why ..... I don't know; just keep hoping it will start working.

It's not gone our servers are just down.
--
--------------------------------- --- -- -
Posted with NewsLeecher v5.0 Beta 6
Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

jantje2

Post by jantje2 »

The same here, the most recent search result is 2 day old

Niemand

Service is Resumed

Post by Niemand »

Some time this morning articles less than a day old appeared, and that is still the case.

dlmvegas

It ain't working still

Post by dlmvegas »

Anything less than 3 days isn't showing up period ! ! ! ! As usual there's nobody in charge to respond to the problem.

The search function in this forum area also doesn't work. Keep getting nothing but numbers in a debug mode.

TifKag

Re: It ain't working still

Post by TifKag »

dlmvegas wrote:Anything less than 3 days isn't showing up period ! ! ! ! As usual there's nobody in charge to respond to the problem.

The search function in this forum area also doesn't work. Keep getting nothing but numbers in a debug mode.
When you are still using v3.9, you will keep having that problem.
It is using the OLD supersearch system.

Update to the new version and it will work !!

dlmvegas

4.0 Sucks

Post by dlmvegas »

Thanks for the response. The reason I still use 3.9 is because I don't like the way 4.0 works by clumping everything together. There are a few other things as well. I hate to be pushed into a version that doesn't work as well as 3.9 did.

I swear that the type in the windows is also small as hell to read 4.0. With glasses on I feel like I still need a magnifying glass. Is there a way you can make the type larger with a setting in the program?

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Trust me, you will learn to love the clumping together. I used to be exactly like you - but there are numerous shortcuts to do what you want. For example, if you navigate around the list, just press ENTER on an item and it automatically opens up the NFO file. Want to download it? Press SPACE and it's in your queue with PARs paused.

And yes, you can adjust the font face, size and line spacing (I've done this to make it look more like v3.9 - Arial, 10pt, 20 pixel spacing).

dlmvegas

Found It...

Post by dlmvegas »

Thanks for the response. I found the font thing under Advanced Geek Settings. Still not thrilled with the clumping though.

BamBoO

Post by BamBoO »

The problem has not been fixed yet? Many search entries are not listed.