Astraweb is really sucking right now.

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Sunfox

Astraweb is really sucking right now.

Post by Sunfox » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:57 pm

That is all.

Destroyer

Re: Astraweb is really sucking right now.

Post by Destroyer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Incompletes?
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 am

*Very* bad incompletes. LIke 2/3rds of all articles in the past few days (not takedowns). Switch from the EU to US servers (or vice versa) and you'll pick up a handful more articles, but just a handful... however SS indexing is complete, and my backup XS Usenet account has them all too, so it's just Astraweb acting up again.

The biggest problem with them, is a total lack of communication - they never acknowledge problems unless they're catastrophic. So you never know if they're aware of anything, or doing anything about it.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:20 am

Must admit, I have been noticing for about half a year how much stuff is incomplete. Is a bit of a joke. Will definately be moving myself once my allowance is used up.
Please note: I am NOT official newsleecher support.

Blakeyrat

Post by Blakeyrat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:25 pm

I tried Astraweb for the first time several months ago. Massive amount of incompletes. The worst usenet service I've ever used.

Trying out Usenetserver now, so far so good. Really good speed and no problems with incomplete, going back 2400 days.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:27 am

Blakeyrat wrote:I tried Astraweb for the first time several months ago. Massive amount of incompletes. The worst usenet service I've ever used.

Trying out Usenetserver now, so far so good. Really good speed and no problems with incomplete, going back 2400 days.
Astraweb used to be pretty good, and at $96 for a year secure unlimited speed, it was a good bargain. But it would occasionally go through problems where one server farm would have incompletes or serious speed issues, but generally the other would be okay. But for the past while, the incomplete have been on both farms... it's only really my slow backup server that has made it slightly tolerable.

alicec63

Post by alicec63 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Sunfox wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 am
*Very* bad incompletes. LIke 2/3rds of all articles in the past few days (not takedowns). Switch from the EU to US servers (or vice versa) and you'll pick up a handful more articles, but just a handful mutuelles Entreprise... however SS indexing is complete, and my backup XS Usenet account has them all too, so it's just Astraweb acting up again.

The biggest problem with them, is a total lack of communication - they never acknowledge problems unless they're catastrophic. So you never know if they're aware of anything, or doing anything about it.
It should be remembered that search engines only take old servers for indexing.